ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has an auto wrx and he recently got cobb stage II. My mods are in my sig. We did 1 run from a 60 mph roll and 2 from around 45-50 mph. Each time I had around 3+ cars on him by 100, and i was still pulling. I feel bad for him, i told him long ago he should have gotten an MT, now hes looking at the cobb stage 2.5 with the VF34. Im sure he will spank me then, or atleast i hope for his sake.

-BobbyD

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
BobbyD said:
My friend has an auto wrx and he recently got cobb stage II. My mods are in my sig. We did 1 run from a 60 mph roll and 2 from around 45-50 mph. Each time I had around 3+ cars on him by 100, and i was still pulling. I feel bad for him, i told him long ago he should have gotten an MT, now hes looking at the cobb stage 2.5 with the VF34. Im sure he will spank me then, or atleast i hope for his sake.

-BobbyD
tell him to get a torque converter

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: 02 Auto vs 02 Manual

CustomS10 said:
That would only help him off the line. That does nothing from a roll, and all our races were from a roll. From a stop it would have been UGLY.

-BobbyD

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 02 Auto vs 02 Manual

BobbyD said:
That would only help him off the line. That does nothing from a roll, and all our races were from a roll. From a stop it would have been UGLY.

-BobbyD
but racing from a role is lame. a real man races from a stop, so if u can't launch (not u personally u as in anyone) then u'll loose.

·
Registered
773 Posts
BobbyD said:
We did 1 run from a 60 mph roll and 2 from around 45-50 mph. Each time I had around 3+ cars on him by 100, and i was still pulling.
Tell your buddy that if he's doing 50-60 rolls that he should put it in 2 so he can start the race in boost like you.

None the less Cobbs stage 2 only gets him 15 psi and your at 16. Still not a comparable race IMO.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Re: Re: 02 Auto vs 02 Manual

CustomS10 said:

I think the 4EAT does come equiped with a torque converter. lol Did you mean a stall converter? It's just not a fair race with comprable mods. The 5 speed is more efficient and should shave a 100 pounds off the car or so.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 02 Auto vs 02 Manual

2004SilverWRX said:
I think the 4EAT does come equiped with a torque converter. lol Did you mean a stall converter? It's just not a fair race with comprable mods. The 5 speed is more efficient and should shave a 100 pounds off the car or so.
He means a high stall torque converter or "upgraded torque converter"

·
Princess Moderator
14,838 Posts
Torque converter

We got a 3400 stall converter on my 03WRX and it kicks ass off the line and on a roll.... but we also have a vf39. Its a get set up for low end and high end power. My boyfriend Drags my car at woodburn. we have the boost down to 12 psi while racing because we dont have the fuel system upgrade and we get low 13's in it. Mods on profile.

·
Princess Moderator
14,838 Posts
3400 stall converter

We Launch at full Boost with it.(15psi) Level 10 is where we got it from. Its a great mod if you can fork out the money. Cost us $495.00 . WELL worth the money!

·
Registered
863 Posts
If he started in D or 3, of course you're going to win.

"2" will get a Cobb stage 2 EAT up to about 80MPH. Tell him to start in second gear next time and see what happens.

·
Registered
841 Posts
SLOW4EAT said:
explain this...

do you have any idea what you're talking about? my guess is NO
He talking about modding the tranny so it's RWD, I saw an article on how to do it in Sport Compact car. I guess it will get rid of parasitic drivetrain loss, but then your loosing the advantage of a AWD launch. Plus more stress on the rear drive shaft. I'm sure he was kidding anyways. :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts