·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
uhh yea i can throw some up when i get off work it was a really simple swap. 7 screws and a clip hold in the duct the scoop its self is held in by 6 nuts.

·
Registered
159 Posts
is the only difference its a bit smaller in height? its like stealth

·
Registered
159 Posts
oh from the pictures to me it looks smaller 0.o lol i guess i should zoom in

·
Registered
47 Posts
WHAT? Please use proper sentences and grammar if you want me to have any idea what you are saying
sorry. i didnt mean to press post. thought i edited it after tho. anyway try again...
..oh ok thanks. just confused. is sti hoodscoop like same as jdm***? and ive seen things about like cgm hood scoop**? im new and i have no idea what cgm is***.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
sorry. i didnt mean to press post. thought i edited it after tho. anyway try again...
..oh ok thanks. just confused. is sti hoodscoop like same as jdm***? and ive seen things about like cgm hood scoop**? im new and i have no idea what cgm is***.
The STI scoop shown is off of the JDM 02-03 STI. The STI didn't come to the states until 04 so in order to get the 02-03 STI scoop it must be JDM. CGM is a subaru color (Crystal Gray metallic it think). Along with WRB, MBP, AWP, etc etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
oh ok that helps a lot. now looking at the picture i think i have the JDM scoop on my 2002 WRX. (just purchased it so still figuring things out) and mine is blue so i'm assuming WRB would be the color. i was looking for a bit larger/more agressive scoop tho. i heard something about the 04 scoop is bigger and fits. is this true? thanks

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
The stock 04 scoop will not fit. However their are companies that sell 04 style scoops made to fit the 02-03's. They can be found most easily on ebay. My personal opinion is that the 04 style scoop looks like crap on bugeyes but its your car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts