Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to mention, I also ran a fairly brand new Acura NSX at that same race track.....

I thought it was cool to beatup on a $75K + car with my little scooby :D

I launched... slipped the clutch at about 5,000 rpms.....

I had a solid 4 cars at the beginning.... I kept pulling on him all the way down the track....

By the time we hit the end... I was about 6 cars ahead of him ... if not more...

He confirmed this when he got off the track and said "Wow, I knew you'd have the launch, but you just kept going! You had me by like 6 cars or more"

He was a cool dude.....

It was a fun race ....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow. What were your times? That's a lot of car lengths for beating an NSX. I thought they were fast.

·
Registered
679 Posts
str said:
Wow. What were your times? That's a lot of car lengths for beating an NSX. I thought they were fast.
Yes, the C32 powered NSX's (97+) run LOW 13's stock (13.1-3) with a good driver. The C30 NSX's (pre '97) run btwn 13.9-14.2

Now, race that guy on a road course, that's it's high point.

good run. :cool:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, my mods are listed in Plat's sticky in the "Pure Performance" section. .....

Here are the "go fast mods"

MRT CAI -w/Unifilter
TurboXS HPMBC
VF 22 Turbo
Samco IC & Turbo Inlet hoses ... w/matching radiator hoses
PWR Upgraded TMIC
Vishnu Super Uppipe (has extra bung)
Kartboy Short Shifter & Bushing & Exhaust Hangers
STi Tranny & Engine Mounts
ClutchMasters Stage 3 Clutch w/factory flywheel (this is not on the car yet)
TurboXS 4" bell mouth downpipe & 3" 3rd cat eliminator, with a 3"-2.5" midpipe - 2.5" Stromung Single tip muffler.
Vishnu Crank Pulley
STi injectors
BBK (Walbro) Fuel Pump
Apexi S-AFC (fuel controller)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sweet race. I knew those things were fast right from the factory. Always a joy to put a licking on the exspensive sport cars. I love those NSX's though. One sweet ride.

·
Registered
82 Posts
NSX doesn't shine on the strip. take him to a road course and he will have you for breakfast, lunch and dinner. those cars handle nicely :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts