ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for the heck of it, today I did a 0-60mph using my cobb accessport as the measuring device. I have an 11 sedan stage 1. stock exhaust and intake. basically just mounts/bushings/short shifter.

I did a quite conservative 'off the line,' slipping clutch a bit with no high rpm drop whatsoever. Obviously my run was subject to some lag. my results are quite pathetic but to be honest with you I thought it would be worst.

0-60 ft = 2.6 seconds
0-60 mph - 5.9 seconds

I unsuccessfully also tried the 'dyno' reading on device as well with 3rd as my target gear. i entered 650 as starting rpm (my idle in neutral) and 6600 rpms as ending (in 3rd gear) ha...... 202whp with 502 wtrq, yeah ok........ never doing that again!!

thats about it for performance measurements for me, gonna take it ez on my subie, its gotta last for 10 years i hope!!! eventually hope fpr full TBE with cobb stage 2 but not gonna measure anything.. just drive and enjoy!!

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Why do you think that wtq reading is wrong? Now you can brag to all of your friends that your car has over 500 wtq! That's an impressive number! :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
too bad COBB didn't contact and pay "Airboy" and used his electronic dyno information... it seems to be the most accurate one out there.

·
Registered
749 Posts
It's also the most sobering, kind of like a Mustang dyno. My LGT did around 340 on the Airboy but since I was still tuning I wasn't too upset. It's a good tool to see if your tweaks helped or hurt which is great if you're DIY tuning.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
With those numbers you likely have the first Powerstroke WRX.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
Holy crap, it's Craig! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, with "200whp and 500wtrq", you would think I have a huge diesel in there.... Guess the 2011 wrx transmission really has gotten stronger!!!!

as mentioned , never again!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
i did 3 "dyno runs" with my accessport, fomr 2K to redline in 3rd gear, the highest peak output from the three runs was 359whp with the lowest peak being 348whp, and torque between 320-330. Is that even possible? haha I don't for a second believe that it the actual whp or tq, but I honestly think that it could be fairly close to what is actually at the crank. Think on it, they say the STi gets 40Hp more, and the only real difference between the two engines/turbos, is an additional 1 psi in the STi, 1 psi gaining 40 hp?? I don't think so.

My belief is that they seriously underrated the power output of the WRX and that those numbers could, hypothetically, be somewhat close to the actual output at the crank.

I also did the "0-60" test and achieved the following results:

60' - 1.788s
0-60mph - 4.706s

LC set at 4500, FFS set at 5500.

I believe I could of gotten faster, even the start, the car slightly bogged/bucked a little and I think I could be faster on the shifting. Whats a real fast time in terms of the 60' and 0-60 for a 2011 WRX stage 1 running 91 octane?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
STI has a different turbo (VF48...WRX has VF52)...different flow rates. The engines are slightly different as well: STI has the EJ257, and the WRX has the EJ255. The difference is in the shape of the pistons with the EJ255 having more of a domed shape. The build of the heads are also different between the two engines with the EJ257 being a bit more free flowing. Other than that, the short blocks themselves are the same, with similar compression.

·
Registered
719 Posts
i did 3 "dyno runs" with my accessport, fomr 2K to redline in 3rd gear, the highest peak output from the three runs was 359whp with the lowest peak being 348whp, and torque between 320-330. Is that even possible? haha I don't for a second believe that it the actual whp or tq, but I honestly think that it could be fairly close to what is actually at the crank. Think on it, they say the STi gets 40Hp more, and the only real difference between the two engines/turbos, is an additional 1 psi in the STi, 1 psi gaining 40 hp?? I don't think so.

My belief is that they seriously underrated the power output of the WRX and that those numbers could, hypothetically, be somewhat close to the actual output at the crank.

I also did the "0-60" test and achieved the following results:

60' - 1.788s
0-60mph - 4.706s

LC set at 4500, FFS set at 5500.

I believe I could of gotten faster, even the start, the car slightly bogged/bucked a little and I think I could be faster on the shifting. Whats a real fast time in terms of the 60' and 0-60 for a 2011 WRX stage 1 running 91 octane?
Ive had a similar experience with my AP. after going stage 2, I did a 0-60 run a couple of times and 3 pulls after data logging, 2K RPMS to redline

On the avg the numbers were around 334/385 and the 0-60 twice was 4.7

I know the 0-60 is close bc stock it's a sub 5 0-60 car(according to reports) so I was always curious I those dyno numbers.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
In a word...no, it's not possible. COBB has dyno runs for their stage 1 tunes and although weather, altitude, etc. will affect those numbers, I would expect similar numbers plus or minus. Their numbers are 242WHP and 280WTQ so the "dyno" numbers on the AP are a little inflated :). Good 60' times are generally 1.8 and lower and 0-60 in the mid 4's is a good time. Most would agree that Subaru underrated their HP numbers for the WRX to help encourage STI sales but not by that much.

On a side note, there are a number of differences between the WRX and the STI... Most, if not all, of the engine internals are different, different turbo, intake, and AVCS system, along with a different tune.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
yeah I guess I was being overly optimistic :D hmm i see you're stage 1 as well, whats the fastest times youve recorded on your AP in the 0-60 and 60' categories?
I'm opensource, no AP. Never raced it so honestly I don't know

·
Registered
141 Posts
i did one 0-60 run with my AP, stage 1 +SF intake, 93 octane:
60' - 1.6s (1.5XX)
0-60mph - 4.6s (4.5XX)

i dont remember the digits that i replaced with XX so i just rounded up to 1.6 and 4.6.

this was the one and only run ive done so far

·
Registered
141 Posts
I didn't realize till after but the stage 1 + SF map is version 2 so it doesn't have lc or ffs. So it was just a rev high and launch, don't know the specific rpm. I went home and used the online tool to add lc to the map but haven't used it yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
902 Posts
According to my best time slip of 12.80 @ 107 with a 1.73 60ft my 0-60 was 4.1 seconds.

·
Registered
902 Posts
i did one 0-60 run with my AP, stage 1 +SF intake, 93 octane:
60' - 1.6s (1.5XX)
0-60mph - 4.6s (4.5XX)

i dont remember the digits that i replaced with XX so i just rounded up to 1.6 and 4.6.

this was the one and only run ive done so far
Ya, I doubt the AP is spot on because a 1.5 or 1.6 60ft is very tough to accomplish. That would put your 0-60 much lower real world.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts