Forced Performance !
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Forced Performance ! within the Vendor's Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I had just purchased a FP 16G BIG evo III turbo (July 3/08) this past weekend August 9 i had ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool Forced Performance !

I had just purchased a FP 16G BIG evo III turbo (July 3/08)
    this past weekend August 9 i had installed a 2.5T shortblock with ej2.0T heads into my "classic" Impreza. started everything ran tested "A" ok

Anyway to the point monday am i go to start the car etc and i see a white puff of smoke come out of the exhaust upon start up ...thought was mmmm looks like oil but maybe it was condensation from sitting overnight...anywho drive to werk 40 miles stop for gas ---fill car ---restart puff of white smoke mmm thats def oil !....anywho get home see scooby techs i'm is it the block/head gaskets ? no they assure me its def more n likely turbo...so we take turbo off and low n behold we see oil in turbo and the intake manifold (so we assume we have the culprit) me i'm a lil cheesed since turbo is new (4weeks old) so after taking it off bagging it and boxing. Next morning I call Aniel at FP speak to him with my concerns send e-mail with pics etc and i overnight the turbo to FP.

Today Robert from FP calls to discuss my case/turbo then explains the tests they will do etc but he feels the turbo is fine although obviously we'll confirm once the tests are done.

After the tests he explains that everything is ok with the turbo incl boost pressure etc , he explains a couple ideas of what may have caused the issue and they are going to return the turbo back soonest.

So in closing I would like to say thanks Aniel and Robert at Forced Performance for outstanding service/courtesy and knowledge.

Thanks guys
    Andy

My "Classic"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9830Date81108.jpg  
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-13-2008 at 01:55 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    So sorry to hear/see Andy. What were his ideas on what it might be?
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

"Suby drivers are a bunch of vag1nas with stupid questions and manicures." -FP

or something like that

Hope everything works out weasel.
    ~Selah

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    So sorry to hear/see Andy. What were his ideas on what it might be?
    need to check the crank case vent
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

glad the turbo is ok... lets hope everything else is ok too
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ok peeps i guess i never gave anymore details to thread.
    after finishing talking to Robert/Aniel at FP and them checking out my 4week old 16G evo III and telling me its "A" ok

heres part of the e-mail:
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert FP Email
    We ran your turbo at normal cruising RPM of about 30-40krpm and 70psi oil pressure for almost 30min on the stand without any leaks. After this I started raising the crankcase pressure up from 0psi slowly to about 5psi. Once it reaches 4-5psi oil starts shooting out of the turbo, this is pretty average. Some shoot oil out a little lower, maybe 3-4psi, but they all do it at 5psi or above. The seals are not designed to have the pressure on the inside pushing out, they are supposed to limit the amount of air that can leak INTO the turbo from the high pressure end housings. This pressure is normally a result of a blocked crankcase vent, stuck open PCV valve, or in a worst case a cracked or broken piston or ring in the engine. You turbo has the correct amount of axial and radial play and I am sending it back to you today as you requested.

Feel free to share my comments with your friends.

Boost on!
    Robert Young
    anyway i return to my scooby tech friends and we re-configure the ej2.5T shortblock crank case vent tubing(ej2.5T has 2 vents 2.0T has only 1, the scooby techs placed orig a T joint into the pcv)(to correct it we ran 1 vent to pcv and the other to the opposite side IC line thereby releasing the vent pressure which was forcing the oil to be blown back thru the turbo and into the throttle body) and no more worries(presently running my old vf39) until the 16G returns from FP.

p.s. just incase no one knows.... i have a '01 RS sedan"classic impreza" with a 2.5T shortblock and ej2.0T heads
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-16-2008 at 03:08 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert FP Email
    Feel free to share my comments with your friends.
    I like how after all the FP bashing lately, he knows any correspondence he sends is going to be posted and discussed on the interwebz

I Support ClubWRX
    Keep us updated Andy!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Registered User JUSTINSNUTSWINGER's Avatar
    FP has always had a problem..... Also making chargers for a little while, then they discontinue it. I'll never deal w/them.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Keep us updated Andy!
    i did everything is fine "A" ok just read what i wrote

and as for FP and y'all bashing them etc , i have had no worries with them wether it be on the phone,e-mail or IM , now if i'm the exception well obviously been courteous ,respectful (without getting all cheesed off and pissy) with them obviously works wonders.
    "All We'll Drive"

sorry to hear that andy. hope everything goes great! guess your run ins with old guys with their porches' will be even better when it's fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    ^^^Your sig is bull****....
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Is that a euphemism for a meat helmet?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.