im gettin a new wrx...any suggestions?

This is a discussion on im gettin a new wrx...any suggestions? within the Vendor Archived Threads forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; hey everyone i want to get an '02 rex and i was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback ...

Question im gettin a new wrx...any suggestions?

hey everyone i want to get an '02 rex and i was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on the warranties, dependability, performance, etc..ive heard alot of good things about these cars and i would really like to grab one cheap. Thanks

-Jon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do a search for tips on buying used.

Read this thread:
    2002 WRX purchasing worries?

Then you'll have even more ideas and need to do yet another search.

Happy shopping.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

From what I hear from other members & the shop mgr at my subaru dealer, a lot of early adopters '02 WRX's abused there cars. Maybe not intentionally, but just being unfamiliar with AWD. The transmission is the weak point in this car. Many saw the advertised 0-60 numbers and tried to duplicate them on the road or drag strip. Popping the clutch is murder because the transmission eats all the shock, not the tires (ie tire spin) as with a FWD or RWD. Just do a good check on the tranny.
    '04 Impreza WRX - WRB/Gold

ok thank you...do u think i should go with an '03. are they less abused?

I Support ClubWRX
    Buy the youngest car with no mods AT ALL and a full service history with the lowest miles you can find.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

ok thank you everyone