MB Q Speakers for your WRX/STi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on MB Q Speakers for your WRX/STi within the Vendor Archived Threads forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; I've got MB Q's to sell. It's hard to find a decent speaker that is shallow enough to fit inside ...

ClubWRX.net Vendor

MB Q Speakers for your WRX/STi

I've got MB Q's to sell.

It's hard to find a decent speaker that is shallow enough to fit inside a WRX/STi, and even harder to find a good one at that.

I've got all MB Quart speakers on sale right now.

Again, I'm a authorized dealer, not wholeseller or distributor. I'm factory direct with many lines, meaning that I offer the real deal, no refuurbs, grey market, or downtown stuff. All of the items sold are 100% geniune, I'm authorized to sell them, and they all come with a 3 year warranty from MB Quart.

Here are the items.

MB Quart Discus line
    DSE 216 @ $159 + Shipping (6 1/2" Components)
    DKE 110 @ $95 + Shipping (4" Co-axial)
    Buy both and save $10

MB Quart Reference line
    RCE 216 @ 199 + Shipping

MB Quart Premium line
    PCE 216 @ $289 + Shipping

MB Quart Q line
    QSD 216 @ $649 + Shipping

Again, add the rear speakers DKE 110 to any component and receive a $10 discount.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the wrx speakers front and back size is only 4 inch. so if i were to upgrade to 6 and a half component, wouldn't i need to custom make it to fit?
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Fronts are 6 1/2 components. Rears are 4". All of the above speakers will fit in the factory brackets and the panel will retain a 'stock' look. No special brackets are required. All you need are basic handtools, and crazyglue to mount the tweeter to the metal factory braket, as the supplied screw will not fit the hole in the factory bracket. I don't recommend trying to make the hole in the bracket bigger, as it is a small piece, and will most likely bend or break in the process if you're not careful.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Rear speakers are designed for fill, most audio tracks are faded to the front anyway, with the rear speakers normally only playing a minimal role.

To put it in perspective, think of Home Theater or a concert. You would normally face the source of the sound, meaning it's coming from the front. You don't turn your back on a concert, why would you in your car??

Hence, even with high end customers, who have the ability to spend, I never recommend spending big on rear speakers. In the WRX and STi, the rear speaker is in a poor location anyway, so if someone sits in the rear, their leg mostlikely blocks the rear speaker anyway.

Your post is incorrect. I have the MB Quart Reference 6 1/2" components and you need a 1" spacer for them to not hit the window, only then the woofer hits the door panel at pretty good beats below ~150 Hz. I have an '04, maybe the 02 and 03 years are different.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    It will only hit the window if mounted in the factory location.

Sorry, I should've been more clear, sorry for that, but we've usually mounted the mid against the panel itself, then sealing it with a Dynamat Door kit. This gives terrific bass reseponse from the mid, and will keep you from hitting the window.

With the Premium or Q, my installers have in some cases even moved the winow rail to accomodate the larger woofer. This is not too dificult, though I would not recommend this if you've never installed a system before, or have limited amount of hands on experience.

The rear, on the other hand, should be no problem.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    To mount against the door panel, you reverse the provided trim, to prevent the mid from hitting the door during low freq'y play, attach trim with metal brackets, hot glue, or industrial epoxy, then attach speaker to back side of the trim, seal with Dynamat, and you're ready to roll. Installation per door should not take more than 45 min.

PM me if you have any other questions or concerns.
    Last edited by ej20fan; 08-07-2004 at 04:20 PM.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    To make up for the misunderstanding, I'll throw in a free Dynamat original door kit to help with installation.

Call or PM me with any questions.

Claudiu, Sales Manager 'Soundwaves', Van Nuys/
    (818) 787-7166

you call yourself ej20fan when you sold yours for a m3 shame on you naa just messing i would have one of each if i could afford it about the dynamat free and the speakers how much for installatino at your shop?

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Installation for the Components runs $50, $32 for the rears. If you do both, we'll do it for $70 flat.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Items are in stock, ready for immediate shipping.

you sell any diamond audio stuff??

I'm looking for a set of S600s components if the price is right.

thanks

Originally posted by ej20fan
    It will only hit the window if mounted in the factory location.

Sorry, I should've been more clear, sorry for that, but we've usually mounted the mid against the panel itself, then sealing it with a Dynamat Door kit. This gives terrific bass reseponse from the mid, and will keep you from hitting the window.
    Picture? I suck in english.. Will you ship to norway?
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Originally posted by Roffa
    Will you ship to norway?

.... will you pay for shipping??

Originally posted by ej20fan
    .... will you pay for shipping??
    Only if I have to depends on how much it is of course.
    It's expensive here, but not that expensive. So if you know how much it would be I'll be answer spesific in my answer

I just asked the question because it would be nice to know if you shipped or not
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast