Vivid Racing
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Vivid Racing within the Vendor Archived Threads forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; now I'm getting pissed off. I posted on Vivid racings forum about some problems I was having with an order ...

Angry Vivid Racing REVIEW!

now I'm getting pissed off.
    I posted on Vivid racings forum about some problems I was having with an order I had placed with Them. Nothing nasty. They decided to take it off of thier forum so now I will post it here.

I have to start off by saying that vivd racing has a nice selection of products. pricing is OK, shipping prices are WAY too much, and their shipping dept is HORRIBLE.
    I placed 2 orders with them one on june 19 and one on june 25, a total of 9 items. I received first shipment with 1 item, second shippment with 2 items. Now I send them an email about the status to my order. They reply 2 days later with a tracking number. Package delivered on July 10 with 2 more items STILL missing 4 items one of wich was ordered on the 19 of June. I suggested that before they expand there website with more products they work on adding if an item is in stock to their website and to better inform the customers as to what is going on with thier orders. I quess they didn't take it to well.

I was not trying to bash them just let them know they need alot of improvement in this area.Edited the subject line.
    Last edited by Wheels; 07-15-2002 at 05:54 PM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I also forgot to mention my invoices has all my items listed and marked paid so I guess they have charged my card in full

Thanks for the heads up! I just placed my first order with Vivid for two items TODAY. I want to see how their shipping is first hand.

If it's as bad as you say it is, we may have to bring this to everyone's attention.

-Jim

check out my shipping prices from Vivid
    3 52mm elec gauges
    oem pod
    hks grounding kit
    $47 in shipping
    and still have not recieved full order.

I ordered a full turbo back exhaust from another company. It came airborne express in 2 days
    $30 shipping

go fiqure cause I sure can't

I wasn't going to say anything, as I am a vendor,
    however I feel I should say something in Vivid's defense, since they never seem to.

Vivid offers a LOT of products. And I can tell you first hand there is NO WAY they get them all from one place, or stock them all.

Therefore when you order more than one part you are probably having them drop shipped to you from a variety of distributers or vendors.

This is probably why your shipping is so scattered and price so high.

This is probably the price to pay to have a large variety of product available to you from one outlet, at least until someone can carry that many product lines and be competitive in that manor.

I lose a lot of buisness to them, just because they carry a lot of products. They have been around a lot longer so they've set up realtionships with more distribution channels.

Now I've never purchased myself from them, so I can't speak for their customer service or anything else. However shipping is probably, at least in there current state, out of their hands.

I hope to provide that much product someday and be able to give you all angles of service as well, but for now, if you want to buy it all at once, I guess Vivid is the place.

On the I-club forum there is a slew of PO-ed customers .Check the vendors threads and you'll see what I mean.I too have a beef with Vivid,but not to the extent of these guys or you for that matter.Hope it gets better for you.(could care less about vivid)
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

Yes vivid has a history with this with a lot of pissed off customers, although i do order from them occasionally... ORdered a tanabe cat-back from them a while ago and got the run around for abit until it arrived... also ordered some samco hoses from them and they came right on time, so that made me happy... But compared to other vendors, they have had a lot and i mean a LOT of complaints, but that wont stop me from buying somthing here and there from them, seeming as though there prices seem to be getting even more competitive.

Rob

I bought a Greddy Oil catch can from Vivid. Simple stuff you may think. Since it is generic, I asked for some help on where and how to mount it.

They gave me a pile of sh*t. Godspeed answerd my post here with good avice. Vivid carried on a long email argument telling me what a dork I am. "Never argue with customer". Did you ever hear that before? They could have offered helpful advice. They don't know the WRX. They just want to take some of your jack.

Teagues has never disappointed me. If you call Teagues, Dale will offer advice and direction of a constructive and helpful nature.

Vivid can kiss my a$$. I'll never buy anything from them again.
    Last edited by MisterX; 07-13-2002 at 02:30 PM.

Vivid's Shipping Cost: high, or what?

This thread is very timely. Unfortunately, I read it about 4 hours too late.

Based on vivid's thread: (http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...&threadid=6350), I placed an order with them for various WRX parts this morning. They posted a "blow-out" list of parts, the prices looked good. When I completed the on-line order, the shipping charges were displayed on the back-end. That's to say, that once the sale was finalized, they then show what your shipping charges are. A questionable tactic, IMHO.

Would you believe $55.00 on a $440.00 order. I know that the total costs of the order typically has nothing to do with shipping. The charges are based on wieght (or bulk), destination and urgency. The parts: ALK, clear corners, STi key, STi engine & tranny mounts and MRT brake lines. These items might wiegh 20 LBS. max. Maybe.

I requested that they justify their high shipping costs prior to charging my card and shipping the items. I'll keep you posted.

Peace,

Curtis

If I'm not mistaken,these guys started off in the cellular accessory biz before going to wrx parts.This would explain a lot.
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

I am sorry guys but this will not do. You can't post your disapointments on here. It's not why its here. I will try and get something sorted out where you can post your problems.

For everyone who has a problem with a vendor Im sure there are a good 100 or so who had good dealings with them.

This forum was set up to help you find bargains and not to go tit for tat with the vendors. I am aware people have issues. I understand issues can rise but please please be sensible.

I will get this thread moved.

If you have an issue with a vendor and you have tried to sort it out PM me and I will try and help resolve it. BUT ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE TRIED ALL MEANS TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE.

I would have never posted it here if the didn't remove it from thier own forums. I just think people should be aware before they spend money what they might come across. Again I'll say this was not done to totally bash them just to give people a heads up. I also don't expect them to stock everything but almost a month for a greddy boost gauge come on. At least let me know at the time of sale about a back order. And don't give me the b.s. about "don't call for questions about order status send an email" and then take day's to respond with information thats not accurate.

Re: Vivid's Shipping Cost: high, or what?

Originally posted by TurbeauxREX

Based on vivid's thread: (http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...&threadid=6350), I placed an order with them for various WRX parts this morning. They posted a "blow-out" list of parts, the prices looked good. When I completed the on-line order, the shipping charges were displayed on the back-end. That's to say, that once the sale was finalized, they then show what your shipping charges are. A questionable tactic, IMHO.

Would you believe $55.00 on a $440.00 order. I know that the total costs of the order typically has nothing to do with shipping. The charges are based on wieght (or bulk), destination and urgency. The parts: ALK, clear corners, STi key, STi engine & tranny mounts and MRT brake lines. These items might wiegh 20 LBS. max. Maybe.

I requested that they justify their high shipping costs prior to charging my card and shipping the items. I'll keep you posted.

Peace,

Curtis
    They have to give you the total price before charging it to your credit card. Just call your credit card company and tell them what happened. They will try to resolve the matter with the merchant, but if the merchant does not cooperate, they just charge back the item to their account. You just have to refuse the shipment when it arrives.
    Thanks,
    Ali

Originally posted by Capt.Chaos
    I would have never posted it here if the didn't remove it from thier own forums. I just think people should be aware before they spend money what they might come across. Again I'll say this was not done to totally bash them just to give people a heads up. I also don't expect them to stock everything but almost a month for a greddy boost gauge come on. At least let me know at the time of sale about a back order. And don't give me the b.s. about "don't call for questions about order status send an email" and then take day's to respond with information thats not accurate.
    Well I see your problem. If you read the stick at the top of this forum you will realise that this was a forum for vendors only to post new threads.

I take it you have the goods and they work?

If so I'm glad if not then drop me a line and Ill help sort it out. The same goes with any problems that comes about with vendors. I am not going to help people who complain because shipments a day late or they haven't had an email in 24 hours. But only people who are having a series of problems with the same vendor over the same order.

Good luck with your buying and selling. Please be aware that repeated miss treatment of ClubWRX members can lead to being banned as a seller and as a member. Same will can go for other members. This is a free service to you as a member. Please dont mistreat is. I am not saying anyone is I am just saying please don't.

Re: Vivid's Shipping Cost: high, or what?

Originally posted by TurbeauxREX

Peace,

Curtis
    Next time ask for a shipping cost via email before commiting to buying.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.