Vivid Racing - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Vivid Racing within the Vendor Archived Threads forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; I ordered a best motoring dvd from them over the summer I got it real fast with no problems....

I ordered a best motoring dvd from them over the summer I got it real fast with no problems.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have placed 4 seperate orders from them. and heres the breakdown

1 - Clear corner lenses - came on time - no problem.

2 - Spark plugs, the Training the WRX Manual (great book by the way), gauge faces, exhaust hangers - took them like 3 weeks but they got the order right.

3 - Tail lights - I ordered smoke - they send me the regular altezza..... **** now they want me to ship them back and "reimburse me for shipping with my next order...." ok ill deal with it....

4 - Unichip harness - I pay for overnight beaucse i want to get one it, 7 days later its not there. I call and talk to a woman who says shell call me back in an hour - no call back. Next day I call again - shes going to call the vendor and see whats up - the vendor forgot to ship it. Well when it comes two days later I find that the "vendor" is Vishnu!!! They just *****ing forgot to tell him to drop ship it!!!

If i can avoid it, ill probably stop ordering from them....

Joe
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

Ive personally had nothing but problems with vividracing... all they do is send me the wrong parts, then I have to send them back, then they send the same exact part back to me, and so on and so on... I would recommend them only if you have 2-4 months of your life to waste. They sent me a USED h.i.d. kit for christs sake
    02 platinum silver WRX sedan (stolen)

Wanna get thier attention? Go to vivid's site, log onto the forum and start a thread asking "Where's my order?" Ask for Dan.

This is a very familiar situation.

Good luck.

Thumbs down Unacceptable Business

I wish I had read this thread (and others) before ordering. I ordered a Defi link unit, boost gauge, oil temp guage and misc. parts on Dec. 2nd. After calling numerous times, sending multiple e-mails, I have received part of my order last week.

Is it just me or does waiting 4 months sound unreasonable for a stinking gauge order to anyone else?

I was also told that I couldn't cancel my order without incurring a re-stocking fee, because Defi is something they don't keep in stock. At that point I got upset and the guy offered to upgrade my US gauges for metric BF gauges. He also said that would speed the order up because its easier for them to get the metric gauges. I am such a sucker.

I receive the US gauges anyhow (so much for customer service) and am still missing the 2 mounting kits that I also ordered. I never received any tracking information. They never returned any of my phone calls. The responded to 1 (one) of my e-mails, basically yelling at me (!) saying they didn't know what my problem is and I should call them. Hello!!! I said I called in the e-mail, and my know is on the stinking message, can you look my order up in your computer?!?!

Avoid buying from these guys. My philosophy with these guys is like McDonalds at 12am. Order the high traffic items that are instock, like a Big Mac. God know how long that Filet-o-fish has been under those lights.

If you order something exotic, expect to wait a few months. And they will give you the run around to know end - "we'll be getting it next week" and "I'm shipping that out for you today".

This really makes be ape-nuts, but at least I'm not out $600+ anymore - only about $24.

tricrab: You still gave that BBB information. I'm going to be filing. If they don't plan on shipping my items soon, that would be mail-fraud. Since they already sent me the invoice for my order in mail and I have received part of my order.

-d
    2001 Audi S4 - Silver
    2002 Subaru WRX - Midnight Black
    2000 Audi S4 - Imola Yellow
    1997 Dodge Intrepid ES - Black
    1991 Ford Taurus SHO - Hunter Green
    [No car below 200HP here!]

My pleasure: http://www.bbb.org
    You will need to file a complaint. You will also be asked to write down what kind of desired outcome you would want.
    You also need all the address and phone information and few names. You do not have to have all the information but it will help the BBB to track them down.

Either way, it has to be done. So people are aware of the problem. The last post I wrote a while back has sarcasm in it. Yeah, they fixed my problem. But when you want to go buy goods, are you supposed to deal with a bunch of problems? It could happen, I agree. I guess people keep buying from them, that's why they are still in business. Until a Vivid2 will come along with same products, same prices and better service.

Good luck! And thank you.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

Originally posted by ticrab
    I read good things about them, posted by people like you last week, and this is why I decided to go with VividRacing. I read few bad things as well, but looked at their website(probably the best one around for WRX products), very detailed in description for any part. To give you an example, I am a network administrator. I order from http://www.cdw.com When you get there, you feel "safe" to order. Because it looks professional. It looks like they have means to provide good services. And they do. I looked at Vivid's and felt the same way. I made a mistake for believing that.

After so many negative posts about vivid racing, I felt like this is a good time to address some of the issue vivid is having and to offer some suggestions to better their service to tuners. Administrators and moderators, please DO NOT remove this post so quickly, please read the whole thing first because I really feel that there are some good points here:

vividracing might have a decent LOOKING website with a WIDE product selection, but it's futile unless they have the inventory to back it up. Ticrab brought up a good point about people would feel "safe" purchasing from a professionally done website vs. a poorly funded website. Their site look good with lots or product pictures and description, but it seems to end there. From the look of their website, it is done dynamically with perl script; meaning this has to be hosted on an active server. Depending on how their site was design in the first place, some dynamic website basically maintains itself; but from the looks of thing, their site does not seem to be self-maintained. For some improvment, please consider the following:

1) Depending on what version of the shopping cart function vivid is employing in their website (http://www.cart32.com/features.asp), vivid needs to figure out how to link their shopping cart to a REAL TIME inventory database to automatically check whether an item is in stock or in back order; thereby allowing customers to see if what they are ordering are in stock or being back ordered. This is really useful in ticrab's case since he needed his brake pads right away, and should he finds that having the brake pads back ordered unexceptable, he would not be ordering from vivid in the first place - thereby elminiating the problems vivid and him have to deal with. And if an order was shipped extremely late becasue it was being back ordered or drop shipped for the longest time, maybe you could attach some freebie (T-shirts or keychains or pens) in with the item just to kind of say "thanks for bearing with us" to the customers. I believe a lot of people would appreciate that.

2) According to cart32, there is a function for "Separate customer email for credit card approvals and declines". Vivid needs to set this up with their credit card processor to send a SEPARATE email to customer notifying them their card has a problem and etc.

3) Many posts on this thread mentioned the fact that the items were damaged. First of all, it should be vivid's responsibilty to check if the items were damaged BEFORE it left vivid's warehouse. Particularly, if that particular items were back ordered from another vendor, vivid should take responsibilty in checking to make sure the item is not broken in the first place. Vivid should also take extra care in packing items before shipping UPS to minimize the chance of them breaking during transport, and should not merely say "oh it's UPS's fault." In the event that UPS was responsible, vivid should try to resolve the issue with the customers by assisting the customers in filing an insurance claim or arrange for some kind of RMA. This would most definitely help maintain client relationship and it would show a great deal about vivid's concern and support to tuner's needs.

4) Be mindful about your growth. It seems that vivid's grwoth could not keep up with its wide product selections. It is important to keep track of your growth especially in retail business. You should not out grow your capacity to handle transcations, it shows a lack of managment ability / business practice on the retailers part and worse, give a false sense of security to customers when they are placing their order because they assume you would have the ability to keep up with thedemands for various goods. Again, if you are not able to provide IMMEDIATE service to the customer, please notify them via email or on your website (see point # 1) AND give them a GOOD estimate on the approximate time when they will receive such service. Not only your inventory needs to keep up with growth, your front office and staff needs to keep up to the demands also. It seems like the 2 owners are doing A LOT to keep the business running smoothly and it is totally understandable for someone to drop the ball if there are only a few working. Perhaps consider hiring outside help.

5) To protect yourself also, please post ALL your return policies, restocking fees, terms and conditions or any other fine prints CLEARLY on your website. This is just for your protection so you might be able to hold the customers to something if issue do arises.

6) Learn to take care of the customers. Customer service drives retail business. If a customer felt they were adequately helped and serve, they are more likely to come back for service (a good example is a restaurant or auto service department. Even if their prices are a little higher, most would still come back because of the quality of service they received). Please deal with each customer in a polite and professional manors; because from what I've seen on this thread, a lot of times a customer felt ignored is because phone calls or emails were not answered or they weren't able to communicate with your staff because vivid is too quickly to deny they were at fault. Please take time and care to deal with each customer and TOGETHER let BOTH PARTIES find out where the problem lies.

I will not go on without saying something us customers also. We should learn to deal with retailers in a professional manor also. Please try to be understanding of their schedule and their problems too because a lot of time the real problem they are having might be out of their hands (it might be their supplier or transportation). It takes 2 to tango and I know that a lot of us are doing our part to communicate effectively with retailers so keep it up!

Hopefully everything can be straighen out in the future because I personally would hate to overlook vivid racing as a source for parts because of their past credibilities.
    :the quest to be a better driver
    ::the relentless search for untamed twisties

Customer Service 101. No kidding. Thanks, Imprezaboy, nice post!
    Agree also on the fact that it's not an easy job. Some people just need to know when to stop and how to prioritize.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

Originally posted by ticrab
    My pleasure: http://www.bbb.org
    You will need to file a complaint. You will also be asked to write down what kind of desired outcome you would want.

Good luck! And thank you.
    Thanks for the help man! Jeez, I am going to call them more time before I forgo everything and go off. I realize in this case it will probably not get me anywhere to start brow-beating them, but I figure I would give them another chance.

Here we go...

-d
    Last edited by wrxbone; 04-21-2003 at 12:02 PM.
    2001 Audi S4 - Silver
    2002 Subaru WRX - Midnight Black
    2000 Audi S4 - Imola Yellow
    1997 Dodge Intrepid ES - Black
    1991 Ford Taurus SHO - Hunter Green
    [No car below 200HP here!]

Man, with all the negative complaints did anyone here had the b@ll$ to sue this company?. It's sad to see that a company like this is actually still up and running which it needs to be shutdown. Heh, maybe just canibalize the VIVID WRX to get your parts peeps that would not be a bad idea if you think about it. FYI: Can't you belive that Vivid car and owner were featured in the April '03 issue of Super Street. Yeah he does have a Phat ride and now we all know where he got the $$ to put all those mods in which is from our pockets while we're here twiddling our thumbs waiting for our parts to come in.
    Subaru 17' inch BBS wheels /w Continental ContiExtremeContact Tires, STi Pedals and Tint so far :-P

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.