Vivid Racing - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Vivid Racing within the Vendor Archived Threads forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; This thing is a turbo charged all wheel drive car that comes stock." - Hi-Rev Tuners -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You think that's ...

This thing is a turbo charged all wheel drive car that comes stock." - Hi-Rev Tuners
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think that's bad, have you seen the latest episode? They were showing the Lancer Evo and the guy (the most eloquent host ever) said they brought this straight from Japan because there aren't any turbocharged all wheel drive rally cars in the States. Just last week they were showing a headlight upgrade for the US turbocharged all wheel drive rally car.

I have to admit that I do watch it every week; I just don't know how long I can put up with the dude.
    Thanks,
    Ali
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just thought I'd update everyone. I sent another email to Vivid last moanday July 15. That I wanted to cancell my order and delivery would not be accepted. On wed July 17 they sent me an email that my order shipped on Monday. A week later I still have not received shippment (only a few greddy gauges)

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Ali, check my post in the Off-Topic forum
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I had the same problem with Vivid...
    I ordered STi doors and sti hood with only a couple of dents aswell as they were supposed to give me a free sti replica hood scoop. I got the package "shipping was way way to much" and the hood was damaged beyond repair the doors were damaged I don't know if they were damged in shipping or what and no replica hood scoop. So I called the guy I purchased them from and basically he said if I provide them with pics they would refund for the damage. Gave them pics and called them same runaround saying that the person I need to talk to is not there and that he is in Australia will not be back for a month. So anyways I never got refunded for the damage and never got the sti replica hood scoop shipped to me... It really pissed me off I cannot beleive they run a sucessful business treating customers like this. I hope they realize that customers are their money and the better they treat them the more they will make. Its all good though I guess I'll just have to open my own shop here in NC...

Re: Vivid's Shipping Cost: high, or what?

Originally posted by TurbeauxREX

Would you believe $55.00 on a $440.00 order. I know that the total costs of the order typically has nothing to do with shipping. The charges are based on wieght (or bulk), destination and urgency. The parts: ALK, clear corners, STi key, STi engine & tranny mounts and MRT brake lines. These items might wiegh 20 LBS. max. Maybe.

I requested that they justify their high shipping costs prior to charging my card and shipping the items. I'll keep you posted.

Peace,

Curtis

[/B]
    Follow-up. The actual S&H charges were $38.00, versus the quoted $55.00 from the on-line order page. Dunno why. Guess it's because Vivid applied S&H charges to each item, however, on my order (multiple parts) was calculated on the total order. I'm cool with it.

Also, I spoke with Dan, who was cordial and accomodating. In fact, I placed a second order with him this week.

Moral of the story: Pick up the phone and speak to them if/when you have a concern. The reply that you get via email (or through a forum by publicly *****ing) may be very different than the reply you get in speaking to Dan.

I will do business with Vivid Racing in the future.

Peace,

Curtis

I got my order from Vivid quickly and the shipping price was reasonable.

-Jim

I have no love for Vivid and will never deal with them again.

To be fair I will say this. Their service was quick and otherwise agreeable. The shipping costs never really seemed to matter to me though I suppose that in retrospect they were a bit high.

This is my complaint: Customer Service.

It is horrid. I will be fair about the whole situation. Again they did ship out my parts promptly but UPS lost it. So I was understanding and patient as what fault is it of Vivid's that UPS lost my shipment? However their efforts to remedy this problem were almost non-existent. I had no power to correct this matter since it's UPS's policy to have the merchant put in a tracer to find the lost shipment. I told vivid that in a simple and polite email. Several days later I got a response basically saying here's the tracking numbers we sent you just look them up and see it's on it's way. Well no crap it says that, the website said attempted delivery for 2 weeks... it never even made an attempt. I told them that but they didn't get it. I finally got ahold of Rob who is a lazy mofo. I told him the whole situation and it took 2 emails and a phone call for him to finally get it. He needed to contact UPS and get that tracer started. A month had past and I finally told them that I understand it's not your fault that UPS lost the shipment however it is your responsibility to make sure my order is received. And your customer service should make efforts to see I am taken care of. Not that I should hold YOUR hand and tell you what you should be doing to fix matters for me! Finally last week 2 months later... Rob finally agreed to ship out another order. After telling him that he should've done that in the first place. That I would return the first order if it ever came to me even at my own expense. So i get the shipment he sent out again and it was only half the order.!!! I then emailed Rob and nothing... I let a week go by no response. Then I called up Vivid and spoke with Dan. He then finally sent out the otherhalf of my order. There were a few more points and efforts made on my part but that's the jist of it. The transaction that was put in Mid- May was finally over this past Monday... and most of the effort to rectify this was my own.

Vivid lost another customer.
    Last edited by Silky; 07-25-2002 at 04:19 PM.

I've ordered 2 small items w/ them (gauge pods). The only reason I purchased the above mentioned through them is because I could not find another retailer that had these items for sale. Here's what went wrong..
    For both orders, I never received a confirmation that they received the order, or the order was shipped.
    They did not respond to email(s) about the status of the order (I waited a week before I emailed them).
    Their shipping rates are outrageous and you cannot see them until the order is placed. $8 for a gauge pod...sorry I really doubt it costs $8...seeing I order things from CA to VA and I've seen larger items being shipped for less. Also note it's been almost 2 weeks and I still have not heard about the second order.
    Previous to ordering these gaguge pods, I sent them an email about morrette headlamps and I cited that I seen a price lower and I was wondering if they could match (since they say they always have items in stock). Well the email I received in response was not pleasant and he basically told me that I will not find a lower "in stock price", well I did find a lower price and the shop was much more pleasant to deal with (Alta sports).
    Well anyways I gave Vivid 2 chances and it goes without saying I will not purchase from them again.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

str
    I ordered my kartboy shifter from them and requested 2nd day air. they ended up shipping it out a day late but other than that everything else was good. i'm going to be doing most off my future ordering from www.worldoneperformance.com, the guys name is Garrett Alpers and he is already working great deals for me for a muffler and pulleys. he posts on this site and he will definetly try to work a out a deal for clubwrx people.
    2004 Black Forester XT

We need a forum specifically for vendor reviews. People should be able to have their say and give feedback on ClubWRX-endorsed vendors. The vendors, however need to be able to advertise their products unmolested.

As for VR; you all know what my feelings are, even if you don't know the history behind the situation. It's not a case of if you will have a problem, but when.

-Pace

Please feel free to view these auctions and see if there is someone who we all know!

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-c...userid=jdemeis

I ordered a STI hood scoop from Vivid and had no probs with them at all, the shipping rate was ok and had the product in about a week.

I Support ClubWRX
    Alright... a vendor review forum will be set up. i was so busy with work and other stuff I haven't been able to keep track of the board. I have no say in this whole situation becuase I've never delt with them before and it seems like they're not speaking up for themselves.
    Tim
    Admin

Gah... hate vivid...

I really havent had any shipping problems from vivid but I have had another major problem with them, which is that their security is horrible. They send you your freakin CC number in the order confirmation. How stupid is that?!??!? Most good vendors send out CC nums as XXXX XXXX XXXX 1234, having only the last 4 numbers revealed but vivid has your entire CC num on there with expiration date meaning someone who hacked your email could easily use your CC. I hope to avoid buying from them ever again.

Thumbs down

I ordered an HKS downpipe from Vivid over the phone on 7/29 and spoke with Dan. I was told to expect shipment sometime later that week.

Yesterday (8/2) I had not received any confirmation, tracking, shipping or debit information from my account. I sent an email (since the phone says "Orders Only") requesting a tracking number and got no response.

Later that night I sent an email to cancel the order.

This was a full business week to simply ship the part out. I don't think that's asking too much. I was disappointed with the lack of communication

I have since ordered from German-Autowerks. Not only was the total price cheaper (by $14) but I received a response via email ELEVEN MINUTES after I sent the initial request for how quickly it could be shipped out.

After ordering online I immediately received a confirmation and received a tracking number later that same night!!! I was quite impressed and should be receiving the downpipe on this coming Friday, when I will do a vendor review of German Autowerks. So far so good!
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.