Subaru WRX Forum banner

02-03 or 04-05 WRX?

602 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  wrx wagone 
#1 · (Edited)
Sup guys, i'm new to this forum and am currently thinking of purchasing a WRX in the near future. However, from your experiences, which model should i get? I've always been a fan of the 04-05 model, simply because im that into the bug eyes n all...but what do you guys think? I also plan on doing some mods to it after getting used to the car..but what are good first mods that you can easily put onto the car? I was planning on going Intake->catback->headers->engine work.At the same time...what do you guys think about upgrading the bypass valve? i was thinking of getting a Blitz BOV later on in the future...but due to "running rich" with the unbalance of fuel and O2, it seems as though a bypass valve is more beneficial for the cars performance as well as lifespan. Whats your opinion on those as well? Is there anyway to fool the ECU into injecting less fuel? Sorry about all the questions..but it seems as though you guys are a really helpful crowd and i would greatly appreciate your opinions. Thanks!

#2 ·
and welcome to The Club!!!!

As for which model to choose '02/'03 or '04/'05...well, that's purely up to you. You should base your decision on mileage, price, condition, and overall, which look you are more drawn to.

As for your future modding plans, here are some links I definitely suggest you check out:
The "Good first mods" sticky
And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.

#3 ·
You ask many questions young one, let the search button be your guide.

On a serious note, if you can swing an '05 that would be the one to get. They didn't change to much during those years but the '05's did get a quicker steering rack and a much improved interior. Those alone make it worth it IMO.

Have fun, and welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.