First time buyer looking at 07 WRX appreciate your advice.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on First time buyer looking at 07 WRX appreciate your advice. within the Vendor Archived Threads forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; Hey guys, So I have always loved the WRX and have been looking into one since 04. I'm 20 now ...

First time buyer looking at 07 WRX appreciate your advice.

Hey guys,

So I have always loved the WRX and have been looking into one since 04. I'm 20 now and can afford one so I've started looking around. I dont have the most experience with cars so I'm thinking of going with a Certified Pre-Owned Car. Here is one at my local dealership. I realize it is way over priced. What do you guys think about this car for a first time buyer? And what would be a good price for it?

Here is the link to the listing at the dealership.

Preowned-Inventory East Subaru Grand Rapids MI

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

O ya and first thing the salesman said to me was we could easily drop this down to 23,000 lol. So shouldn't be too hard to get them to lower it.

Quote Originally Posted by CKILL88 View Post
    O ya and first thing the salesman said to me was we could easily drop this down to 23,000 lol. So shouldn't be too hard to get them to lower it.
    well for me that seems kinda steep if he maybe lowered the price to 19500 i would say go for it or somewhere closer to 20000 just make sure the car isnt modded, or ever was modded, ask who the previous owner was a kid who couldnt afford the payments or a responsible adult.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    well for me that seems kinda steep if he maybe lowered the price to 19500 i would say go for it or somewhere closer to 20000 just make sure the car isnt modded, or ever was modded, ask who the previous owner was a kid who couldnt afford the payments or a responsible adult.
    Yup he said it was never modded and with it being CPO it would have a warranty. What kinda questions should I ask and what other info would be good to gain for the next time i go in and look? Anything you can give me will help as i dont have much car experience. Thanks alot

Yup he said it was never modded and with it being CPO it would have a warranty. What kinda questions should I ask and what other info would be good to gain for the next time i go in and look? Anything you can give me will help as i dont have much car experience. Thanks alot
    just to be sure make sure the down pipe is stock go under the hood and look, easy way to tell it has a uncut heat sheild around the turbo, and the exhaust should be a lil rusty looking. go under the hood with the engine running and listen for knocking, check all the fluids oil, water/coolant , tranny, brake, and clutch fluid. does it have a boost gauge?
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Ya I was told that there are no mods and that everything was stock. What is the difference between the Tr and regular wrx model? How do you like the 07 compared to other years? My years I'm considering are 04 to 07.

Ya I was told that there are no mods and that everything was stock. What is the difference between the Tr and regular wrx model? How do you like the 07 compared to other years? My years I'm considering are 04 to 07.
    i had a chance to buy a 06 or my o5, i never really liked the grill on the 06 or 07, thats y i chose the 05. i love my blob eye. plus i didnt want to experiment with the change of the engines from 2.0 to the 2.5, i always heard the first year of a product they still work out the bugs.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    the TR:
    -has different sideskirts
    -sideview mirrors are not body color-matched
    -does not have foglights
    -does not have climate control
    -does not have auto-dimming rearview mirror
    -has different seats
    -has different pedals

the price they are getting is WAY TOO HIGH for a year old car. i didnt even pay that much for mine, brand new!

i wouldnt pay more than 18/19k for it. honestly.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

So 06 and 07 have a bigger engine then 05? You would with the 07 over the 06 cuz its the 2nd year? Sorry so many questions just trying to get all the info.

I Support ClubWRX
    the 06/07s have 2.5l engines where the 04/05 only have 2.0l

as far as the 06/07 debate, just get whatever you can get a better deal on. from what i've read with the WRX's theres not much difference between the two

desiree

Is it worth paying more for the regular options rather than the cheaper tr? What would the price increase be for the regular wrx? From the 04 to the 07 models which ones would you recommend and why? Thanks for the helped

I Support ClubWRX
    well when they first came out the TR was almost 2-3 grand cheaper than the wrx. everything thats different is just cosmetics. the car runs exactly the same. so.. its personal preference. i chose the TR because i could really care less what the inside looks like

do YOU need climate control?

do YOU want nice seats? etc etc

we cant tell you if it will be worth it since essentially, youre driving it.

desiree

What i was sayn was that i wouldnt buy a car the first year it comes out, just because they tend to have a lot of recalls, only because its the first year with a new engine. The 06 and 07 are the same, i was reffuring, (didnt know how to spell it) was the diff. between the 05 and 06 engine change.

Ya well I think I'm leaning towards an 05 or an 07 model. And thanks for the info about the TR. For being a tr this car is way over priced then at 23500

Here's a question. If you had around 20 k to spend and an sti was not an option what would you go with?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.