So i test drove my 1st STI today....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on So i test drove my 1st STI today.... within the Vendor Archived Threads forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; WRB 2005 STI in Dublin OH. Met up with the guy and checked it out. I must say they look ...

So i test drove my 1st STI today....

WRB 2005 STI in Dublin OH. Met up with the guy and checked it out. I must say they look way better in person. Im very impressed with the car overal. I have no intent of buying it after he told me what has all been done to it lol.

-Was in 2 accidents
    -Engine replaced
    -Turbo was blown by a test driver and replaced
    -Had a blow off valve
    -Stage 1 clutch

Other than all that it drove pretty good and i loved every minute of it lol. My search continues.....
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tmann05 View Post
    WRB 2005 STI in Dublin OH. Met up with the guy and checked it out. I must say they look way better in person. Im very impressed with the car overal. I have no intent of buying it after he told me what has all been done to it lol.

-Was in 2 accidents
    -Engine replaced
    -Turbo was blown by a test driver and replaced
    -Had a blow off valve
    -Stage 1 clutch

Other than all that it drove pretty good and i loved every minute of it lol. My search continues.....
    whats wrong with having 'had' a blow off valve and a stage 1 clutch?

I mean, if all of that stuff was replaced professionally and he has paperwork, wouldn't that bet better than buying some beat on STI that looks pretty?

Hell..you could probably haggle him down because of all those things and end up with a very nice STI
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    whats wrong with having 'had' a blow off valve and a stage 1 clutch?

I mean, if all of that stuff was replaced professionally and he has paperwork, wouldn't that bet better than buying some beat on STI that looks pretty?

Hell..you could probably haggle him down because of all those things and end up with a very nice STI
    ^^ thats not entirely true. Depending on the accidents it was involved in, i wouldnt want any part of it. A car after an accident will NEVER be the same. Its just not possible to pin point evey single item that was damaged, twisted, loose and replace it all. So even thou the clutch is fresh, the turbo is fresh, a new bov/bpv dont mean nothing.

If those parts were replaced at such an early stage, im sure other parts are probably or were probably abused just didnt fail ... yet!.

+1 go look for an accident free car.

Quote Originally Posted by ezzzey View Post
    ^^ thats not entirely true. Depending on the accidents it was involved in, i wouldnt want any part of it. A car after an accident will NEVER be the same. Its just not possible to pin point evey single item that was damaged, twisted, loose and replace it all. So even thou the clutch is fresh, the turbo is fresh, a new bov/bpv dont mean nothing.

If those parts were replaced at such an early stage, im sure other parts are probably or were probably abused just didnt fail ... yet!.

+1 to all that.
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #121 MY04 Stage 1 WRB STi
    Dirty Crew #89 like it dirty? Dirty Thread!
    "0-60 Faster Than Your First Sexual Experience!"
    Gettin Sideways At El Mirage
    The Best Video YouTube's Ever Seen!
    Courtesy of SomeGuy 217 Productions

Quote Originally Posted by ezzzey View Post

Oh yeah i forgot he still is asking 24,000 for it........he was hit dead on in the front while waiting to turn left and someone ran the light as he began to turn....and he was rear ended. still i couldnt tell that it was ever wrecked....thats why we need mechanics lol....anyone know where i can find a subaru mechanic in Ohio?
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

Oh yeah i forgot he still is asking 24,000 for it........he was hit dead on in the front while waiting to turn left and someone ran the light as he began to turn....and he was rear ended. still i couldnt tell that it was ever wrecked....thats why we need mechanics lol....anyone know where i can find a subaru mechanic in Ohio?
    Dealerships! Pay more for people who know what they're talking about. If you don't mind me asking how much do you have to spend?

Edit: My bad, saw the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Lbleiweiss View Post
    Dealerships! Pay more for people who know what they're talking about. If you don't mind me asking how much do you have to spend?

Edit: My bad, saw the sig!
    oh its no problem....yea 20k even ill spend
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05

I saw that you want a black one but you were checking out a WRB STi so I figured it was an OK color also.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...0&cardist=1506

Your best bet is an 04 for the money.

Is that before or after taxes and title and such?

i'd like for it to be after title/taxes...ya i had to go check out a WRB one because i really wanted to see how they drive and stuff and that was the only one close. that one u just posted is nice, but nevada thats a lil far lol.
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05

i'd like for it to be after title/taxes...ya i had to go check out a WRB one because i really wanted to see how they drive and stuff and that was the only one close. that one u just posted is nice, but nevada thats a lil far lol.
    So are you still interested in a WRB one?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=282

19,500 OBO and you get a sound system and it's in South Lebanon, OH

i would watch out for black ones on lots within the tri-state area of us. like cincy/ky/ whatever other one is counted. my buddy traded his off a while back and it is f'd up. wont run right, burns up plugs, stalls (after you stop at lights but not when you first start it up) plus it was damaged majorly on the drivers side. 04 jbp so you know. think it still has an exhaust on it and coilovers.

there is 3 evo's and a silver STi down in fairfield on route4/dixie highway. a place called prefered has an silver evo, and the silver STi then performance honda has the other two evo's, black and a silver. black one is modded with wheels already and exhaust. and it has AMS on the front mount and looks slightly bigger.
    both lots are side by side but prefered is a little lot that always has performance oriented cars. he's usually cheaper by a couple if not alot more thousands

hey guys thx for the info.....i think the WRB's are pretty nice but I am gonna go black. i already told myself so....but i'd love to find one for 19500 like that WRB patients is the key i believe.
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05

hey guys thx for the info.....i think the WRB's are pretty nice but I am gonna go black. i already told myself so....but i'd love to find one for 19500 like that WRB patients is the key i believe.
    hah yea if you have your heart set on getting one color that is something you cannot easily change. I would definitely hold out for your first choice color. Not so much on whether you want gold or silver BBS's though you can always trade those.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    patients is the key i believe.
    are you a doctor?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.