New Driver, WRX vs. SRT4, Vs. other
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 88

This is a discussion on New Driver, WRX vs. SRT4, Vs. other within the Vendor Archived Threads forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; I'm 16 and looking to get my first car, i've been looking at the WRX and SRT4 the most... What ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14

    New Driver, WRX vs. SRT4, Vs. other

    I'm 16 and looking to get my first car, i've been looking at the WRX and SRT4 the most... What do you think? I'll be using it mostly as a Daily driver, and a weekend warrior at the drag strip... Any other suggestions?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User ajd111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    897
    No offense, but I think as a first car, this one may be out of your league. Also, insurance can get pretty pricey.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by ajd111 View Post
    No offense, but I think as a first car, this one may be out of your league. Also, insurance can get pretty pricey.
    What do you suggest than?

  5. #4
    Registered User ajd111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by Surge101 View Post
    What do you suggest than?
    Personally, I have a soft spot in my heart for integras. As I still own 2 of them
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by ajd111 View Post
    Personally, I have a soft spot in my heart for integras. As I still own 2 of them
    I want to win a couple of those races on the track...

  7. #6
    Registered User ssnataku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Surge101 View Post
    I want to win a couple of those races on the track...
    Hey.. I'm sure a integra that is built right would own most of the track!!! They are very good cars.. but obviosly your not on this forum for an integra sooo.. I'm gonna have to say go with the Subaru!!! They are not that horribly expensive these days depending on what year, mileage, etc.. The Impreza wrx is an extremely reliable car and I think you'll find that it's a little more well rounded than the Srt-4!!! Hope that helps!
    Black 03 Impreza WRX (Fully Rebuilt Motor 15,xxx Miles )
    Stromung Cat Back Exhaust
    Upper Front Tower Brace
    Stage 1

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnataku View Post
    Hey.. I'm sure a integra that is built right would own most of the track!!! They are very good cars.. but obviosly your not on this forum for an integra sooo.. I'm gonna have to say go with the Subaru!!! They are not that horribly expensive these days depending on what year, mileage, etc.. The Impreza wrx is an extremely reliable car and I think you'll find that it's a little more well rounded than the Srt-4!!! Hope that helps!
    I honestly wanted an Integra almost all throughout my childhood, based solely on looks, but now I wouldn't have the money to tune one correctly.

  9. #8
    Registered User apex32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Endwell, NY
    Posts
    609
    SRT-4 and WRX...

    Well ok lets begin

    1) WRX is AWD : SRT-4 is FWD
    2) SRT-4 Comes stock with a BOV and the rear windows are rollers.
    3) WRX is more reliable and safe
    4) SRT-4 doesnt look appealing to me
    5) I always hear about axles breaking or something on SRT-4
    6) WRX will break too if you launch at redline or cant drive
    7) WRX insurance is cheaper (im 17 so i would know what you will see)

    If the SRT-4 was worth buying I would think all of us would have them considering they cost quite a bit less than a wrx.

    It all depends on what you're looking for though. I wouldn't recommend you taking either car to the track until you know what you're doing, though.
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

  10. #9
    Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz New Mexico
    Posts
    5,741
    get the srt-4
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

  11. #10
    Registered User apex32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Endwell, NY
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    get the srt-4
    This guy is pulling your chain

    Oh yea, and here you go:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_xdgPbmBks
    Last edited by apex32; 03-04-2008 at 01:57 PM.
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

  12. #11
    Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz New Mexico
    Posts
    5,741
    Quote Originally Posted by apex32 View Post
    This guy is pulling your chain


    Not Really, all he will do is raise our insurance rates. A 16 year old should not have either car. I imagine the SRT-4 will teach him that lesson faster than the WRX.


    AND THE SRT-4 Is TEH FASTARRRRRRRR
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Surge101 View Post
    I want to win a couple of those races on the track...

    When I was 16 I had a 115hp GTI, and looking back I'm d@mn glad I did (wayyyy slow). I wouldn't say it's completely inevitable, but just extremely likely, that you'll do some stupid sh!t driving-wise when you're 16, 17 or so. I'm only 24 and have owned some much faster cars since (including the Rex), but the best (most reasonable) advice I could give would be to get something cheaper and much slower - obviously not what you want to hear.

    FWIW, it seems like the SRT-4 is a better drag car...

  14. #13
    Registered User apex32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Endwell, NY
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Not Really, all he will do is raise our insurance rates. A 16 year old should not have either car. I imagine the SRT-4 will teach him that lesson faster than the WRX.


    AND THE SRT-4 Is TEH FASTARRRRRRRR
    Lol.. well to be fair people said the same about me when I posted in regards to buying a WRX. However I was a year older and had driven a manual car for a year as well as a powerful one, I never did anything stupid though but you're probably right in all reality
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

  15. #14
    Registered User apex32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Endwell, NY
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by mrturbo16v View Post
    When I was 16 I had a 115hp GTI, and looking back I'm d@mn glad I did (wayyyy slow). I wouldn't say it's completely inevitable, but just extremely likely, that you'll do some stupid sh!t driving-wise when you're 16, 17 or so. I'm only 24 and have owned some much faster cars since (including the Rex), but the best (most reasonable) advice I could give would be to get something cheaper and much slower - obviously not what you want to hear.

    FWIW, it seems like the SRT-4 is a better drag car...
    ^Hes right. In all honesty you will probably do stupid things if you had either one as a first car. Luck/Fate would determine the outcome of said activities. Is this your first car? If not what was

    My first car was a 86 camry. Boat sized steering wheel FTW!
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

  16. #15
    Registered User Jebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    0
    Get a 85 Volvo 240GL. You will never die. You can go 75+mph. With the right rims you will be "pimpin". My insurance rate won't go up. Yours will be CHEAP and you can afford gas. You will learn how to drive. Getting your license doesn't mean you know how to drive well enough to handle a faster car. There are some people that never learn. Please never drive and talk on the cell phone at the same time, you will get cancer. Don't be stupid, don't speed (more than 10 over...). Good luck with whatever you do get, welcome to the club!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •