05 WRX with replaced engine...

This is a discussion on 05 WRX with replaced engine... within the Vendor Archived Threads forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; I am looking at a 05 wrx with 85k miles on it and less than 40 on the engine, it ...

Question 05 WRX with replaced engine...

I am looking at a 05 wrx with 85k miles on it and less than 40 on the engine, it was factory replaced and they said they'll find the paperwork for it... It is all stock and female owned.
    How do I estimate how much I should pay for it? KBB says 13k w/ the 85k miles, but since it has a newer engine does that add to the value or detract especially if they can't find paperwork. I plan to have it checked by a Subaru Mechanic if the price is right!
    I am sort of a suby newbie so any help is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks -Nick
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It should detract slightly, if they can produce the paperwork and that it was an actual new engine, not a used motor. Id want proof of the labor, and the parts purchased and replaced. My 05 had 15k at engine replacement and the local subaru shop did all of the work and the current owner of my old 05 can supply each and every receipt of that job (no it wasnt warrantied). Thats what I would look for. If they can provide the necessary paper work Id take $250-500 off of your offer or what its worth and go with that.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tahoewrx View Post
    especially if they can't find paperwork.
    If they can't find the paperwork consider another car.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

She said that she would find me the paper work, since it was done a couple years ago... and she also said that it was lowered...? don't know if that would effect much, I could always find some nice Sti parts to put on it later!?!?

Thanks for the help -Nick

UPDATE 1/8
    I just heard from her today and she said she found all of the paperwork for the engine and oil changes etc...
    Last edited by tahoewrx; 01-08-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: More Info!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.