IL: 1985 merkur xr4ti 5spd. turbo for sale

This is a discussion on IL: 1985 merkur xr4ti 5spd. turbo for sale within the Vendor Archived Threads forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; anybody know what these are? rear wheel drive, two door hatchback car build in the 80's by ford in germany ...

IL: 1985 merkur xr4ti 5spd. turbo for sale

anybody know what these are? rear wheel drive, two door hatchback car build in the 80's by ford in germany and imported to the us and sold at mercury dealers. this is a project car that is all intact except the motor is out of car and was in the process of being put back together after having the head rebuild and machined. this ad could be quite long so i'll just give you the website it is already posted at

http://www.merkurdesktop.com/fetchad.php?adid=281

not sure if i got the pic to load but if it did, this is not the car for sale but looks pretty close to it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2128646_1.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My dad used to have one back in the day. I never drove it since I was too young at the time but he always says it was a great car. There supposed to be decently quick. i think they sold it as the Ford Sierra in europe.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

My best friend had 2 of them. A red 87 and a black 88. He just sold his black one a couple months ago. Really neat cars.
    "Give a man a gun and he is a hero. Give a man two and he is a god!"

bumpy

my dad is really into those merker's...he's had to merker scorpios, not my cup of tea but to each his own, free bump

bump for a cool project car. come on rally nuts this is percect for gravel, dirt, tarmac... rear wheel drive, turbocharged i4!!!!

thought maybe i'd give a little more info on this car. black, 5 spd, rear wheel drive, 2.3L ford turbo with a t3, 175 hp stock with no ic! has a lot of mods that come with car, bigger stock exh manifold, bigger vane air meter, ecu, volvo intercooler, cone air filter, this thing is a blast to drive. very capable of 400+ hp with little money. check out the link! check out some other merkurs at cardomain, especially the RED BOY!

http://www.merkurdesktop.com/fetchad.php?adid=281

I Support ClubWRX
    Fords 2.3T wasnt a joke back in the day. It's a very good motor from what I remember. They handle very well (for there age) and are pretty light. They have a TON of mods but I don beleive replacements parts cost a good bit. If I could ever find one decent enough I'd pick it up quickly.......althrough I'd get an SVO stang over a xrti4 any day of the week.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

yeah, this is my 4th merkur, also had a svo mustang a few years back. it was in MINT cond, with only 70000 orig miles! had to sell it when i went back to school they are both great fun in there own ways, even though they have the same motors, they drive totally different. the must rode like a mustang and the merk like its on rails. awesome donuts too!

Still forsale?
    Any pictures?

yep she's still for sale. i don't have any pics and the moment, but i definately need to get some going. i just moved and have to find my digi cam and find someone to let me use their computer to download them on to. bare with me, might take a few days.

Hey man that looks nice. Mines for sale too.
    Rev'n Seven Motorsports And Quad City Boxer Four
    02 WRX Wagon 13.6@99mph 1.90 60 foot

holy **** its revn the thread raper! whats up buddy!

Those things are really cool, guys. If I wasn't holding out for a Suby, I'd be all over it like a bad rash!
    "I drove like my mother in the first stage" Gigi Galli, WRC driver, Mitsubishi.