Picked up my new 05 WRX sti last night

This is a discussion on Picked up my new 05 WRX sti last night within the Vendor Archived Threads forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; Well I told everyone on another thread that I was picking the car up at 6 PM Monday and I ...

Cool Picked up my new 05 WRX sti last night

Well I told everyone on another thread that I was picking the car up at 6 PM Monday and I did. We purchased it on Saturday and had a pretty good go-around with the dealer trying to get a better price then he quoted us the previous Monday.

I sold the Lexus IS300 privately to a friend and gave the guy a good deal (same as I would have gotten as a trade in + the tax difference) He is thrilled and loves the Lexus. He used to be a car salesman so he knows all the in and outs and went back with us to help us negotiate. He said he could save us up to an additional $1000.00 (I didn't believe him and it turns out he couldn't but he did save us more than I could have on my own) so we let him come with my wife and I. This friend of mine is brutal...sales people give him what he wants just to get ride of him. You guys would have loved to see him in action.

First he demands to see the dealers invoice paper. Next he says he wants all the options I listed (short throw, boost gauge, compass mirror) for thrown in for nothing + 5 free oil changes and wants it at dealers invoice price which I think was about $30,895 (I forget the exact figure now) the dealer comes down only $80.00 off his original out the door price to me. Next we throw out an Internet print out of a similarly equipped car from a dealer in upstate NY for about $200.00 less than his price to me. The salesman goes back to talk to the manager for a second time and comes back with $200.00 off his price rather than the $80.00 and will throw in the K&N Typhoon Air intake at no charge as a dealer installed option. We tell him it isn't good enough and we walk!

We stand around for a few minutes outside (my friend says they will come running out and not let us leave as it is the end of the month 4/30/05 and they have to make this sale...they don't come out ). We sit in the car for about 5 minutes and make a couple of phone calls the sales guy moves on to a new prospective customer and then we actually leave the dealership. We drive about half way home and decide to go back after rethinking strategy. I decide I really don't want the short throw shifter...I'll do it myself later which will save an additional $535.

Back at the dealership now the sales guy is busy and tells us to take a seat (my wife is now too embarrassed to even come in so she stays in the car) and wait . My friend now gets really pissed and goes up to the main desk (where the sales manager is) and starts talking one on one with the sales manager himself no salesman there at all. After about 5 minutes he looks back over at me and calls me up...We make the deal right there with the sales manager 05 WRX sti, boost gauge, compass mirror, K&N Typhoon Air Intake, Optional Center Armrest and wheel locks. All for $31,888 with 1 free oil change to boot. Then when we also got LoJack Early Warning for $100.00 off retail. All total my friend saved me at least $400.00 for about 1 hour of haggling.

So how is the car...well I don't know my wife hasn't let me behind the wheel yet and she has this big plastered all over her face.

I hope I can pry her fingers off the wheel by the weekend.
    There is no such thing as, "too much Horse Power"!

2005 STi CGM
    Cobb Stage 1
    K&N Typhoon Intake

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Sounds like your friend knows how to handle the dealer sleaze. Nice price.

Enjoy teh STi!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright