GrimmSpeed Divorced Downpipe - Product Release Group Buy
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on GrimmSpeed Divorced Downpipe - Product Release Group Buy within the Vendor Announcements forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; Guys and gals, I'm extremely excited to be announcing this long time coming product. Over the last few years we ...

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I Support ClubWRX

Thumbs up GrimmSpeed Divorced Downpipe - Product Release Group Buy

Guys and gals, I'm extremely excited to be announcing this long time coming product. Over the last few years we have had TONS of you asking for us to create a top-of-the-line downpipe...something that blows everything else out of the water.

Well....(watch the story)

USA's Finest Downpipe. No expense spared.

• Materials, Fabrication, Design... all pure USA.
      (Keeping jobs in the USA is one of our primary team missions)
    • Innovative 3-D Contour Flange
    • FARO™ Arm Designed
      (We are at the leading edge of new product design hardware)
    • CNC Mandrel Bent Tubing
      (We have created custom CNC bend-dies to ensure best flow through pipe)
    • Flanges FULLY CNC Machined
      (All 3 sides. Check our our competitors nasty laser cut-only flanges)
    • Divorced Wastegate for Optimal flow
    • GrimmSpeed Gasket Set Included

We are extremely proud to introduce our Catless Divorced Downpipe for Subarus. It's safe to say, the years our engineering department spent on this downpipe have paid off. A GrimmSpeed™ Catless Divorced Downpipe is one of the first modifications that should be done on your car. The OEM downpipe contains two very restrictive catalytic converters, killing the power potential of your car (not to mention the oem blocked wastegate port).

You are looking at a top-of-the-line fully USA built Downpipe. All materials, engineering, R&D, fabrication, etc are straight out of the USA. The tubing is CNC Mandrel Bent 304 Stainless Steel using our custom made bend dies which give you the best fit and performance possible. Please take a second to check out these 304 Stainless Steel flanges...a serious work of art. All 3 sides of the flanges are CNC Machined to perfection. If that isn't over-the-top enough for you, check out the new 3-D Contour Flange. Instead of the exhaust hitting a flat wall like on most divorced downpipes, we have spent a lot of engineering(and machining) hours creating a nice smooth transition through the wastegate port for the ultimate in boost control for you. The outlet of the downpipe has a standard 3” 2-Bolt flange that will mate up with most aftermarket cat-backs on the market. We have also included a wideband O2 bung for you if needed. Having a secondary o2 Bung saves you time and money because you will not have to pay a shop to install one for you.

FARO™ Arm for perfection. During our design, we utilize our in-house 7-axis FARO™ Arm to obtain extremely accurate fitments. What this means is, we scan all of the mounting points on the car, bring those into our CAD software, and then begin designing the pipe around our scanned oem data in our Solidworks CAD software. Most downpipes(or exhaust pipes for that matter) on the market are designed using fixtures. Essentially our competitors will create a welding fixture by hand off of an oem part. This leads to a ton of chances for things to be off. We don't take those chances. We have spent the capital on R&D equipment where others have not.....for you.

By using a downpipe that is catless, it allows you to fully maximize your exhaust flow which will increase the ability of your car to produce huge horsepower and torque gains. Turbo power, response, and efficiency is greatly improved. Once you have added our downpipe to your vehicle, you must be tuned.

Replacing your factory catalytic converter sometimes causes a ‘cat converter efficiency’ check engine light. You can either use tuning to delete this CEL or you can use a mechanical fix.

Going over-the-top, it's what you can expect from GrimmSpeed™

More pictures and info here:
    GrimmSpeed

Fitments:
    Subaru WRX 02-07
    Subaru STI 02-07

GROUP BUY DETAILS
    Closes on: Friday, November 30th.
    Participant limit: Unlimited
    Pricing structure: Tiered
    The Group buy will last 2 weeks.

Normal MSRP: $499.99
    1-10: $459.99
    11-20: $429.99
    21+: $399.99

Shipping is $25 to anywhere in the US. International is extra depending on location.

PARTICIPANT LIST:
    GrimmSpeed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any plans for the GR Chassis?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Any plans for the GR Chassis?

Yup
    GrimmSpeed

any plans for one without the wastegate returning?

i'm going ewg, so won't need that.

Man i want this so bad but already have a DP. Why couldnt you have this ready like 2 months ago lol.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

I Support ClubWRX
    Plans on adding a cat? Cats are good.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Jesus this is beautiful! I can't justify spending $400+ on a catless DP when the one on my car was given to me for free

Best of luck with the sale, and hopefully I'll be able to grab one some day!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you considered making an EWG downpipe? One similar to the HKS flat-plate design.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    any plans for one without the wastegate returning?

i'm going ewg, so won't need that.

No plans right now, we wanted to keep the divorced tube on there so you can switch setups and not have to worry about a new downpipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Kuz View Post
    Man i want this so bad but already have a DP. Why couldnt you have this ready like 2 months ago lol.
    I'm sure you could sell your other one on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Plans on adding a cat? Cats are good.
    Down the road, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Jesus this is beautiful! I can't justify spending $400+ on a catless DP when the one on my car was given to me for free

Best of luck with the sale, and hopefully I'll be able to grab one some day!
    Thank you. Can't argue with free!

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Have you considered making an EWG downpipe? One similar to the HKS flat-plate design.
    No plans right now, we wanted to keep the divorced tube on there so you can switch setups and not have to worry about a new downpipe.

Justin
    GrimmSpeed

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    This.

The down pipe looks fantastic... but trying to torque even my bellmouth downpipe down with the EWG in the way is extremely difficult. I would switch to a catless downpipe with a flat flange vs. my bellmouth no questions asked.

That being said, I understand why a particular manufacturer would make a bellmouth - the flat flange is a niche. The niche hasn't been filled yet for GRs though
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.