Want To Buy Pricing Question (2013 WRX Base Hatch)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Pricing Question (2013 WRX Base Hatch) within the Vehicles for sale forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Im looking at a 2013 Impreza WRX Base Hatch from a Subaru dealership right now and I was curious from ...

Pricing Question (2013 WRX Base Hatch)

Im looking at a 2013 Impreza WRX Base Hatch from a Subaru dealership right now and I was curious from owners of this car what a reasonable price is to pay for a car like this. It currently is just a base WRX model with 25700 miles. It has been on there lot for over 28 days and this dealership bought it originally from auction. It was a lease car for 1yr 6months with an average 15,700 miles a year. One owner. Great condition. I've gotten them down from $27,497 to $26,500. This dealership is constantly giving me crap like this car is super rare and thats why its value is what it is but in reality the hatchback was cancelled after the 2014 model so its not like there aren't others out there. Is this reasonable or do you think there is more room for negotiating? Should I call their bluff or not?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

You could get a new 2015 for that mutch, with better interest rate.
    If you really want a hatch, it's worth what people will pay.
    They are rare. Especially unmoded with low mileage.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Look extensively into its history i.e. carfax, clean or rebuilt title, etc. As well as check for any mods at all. The fact that this car was bought off auction would concern me...

Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    lol i answered this on chat

imo just buy a brand new 2015 model or get them down to $25k and call it a day

good luck
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi friend! Fellow Hatchy here!

14 here.. Well here's my two cents! They are rare. And they hold value like no tomorrow. And I think they will. For a very long time, if subaru does not bring the hatch back. They DAY they annouce a STi hatch again, i'm trading in mine.. Anyways..

My buddy just picked up a 12 STi hatch, with 31K for 28K.. and Thats with his wife's dad as the GM of the dealer. The dealers know they are highly sought after.. I get offers on my car about 1-3 times a week average in my area.. So, if you want a hatch, prepare for some serious money.

The auction part now, yes, that'd raise a flag. Especially if it was a lease. But I guess, if they repoed it, it would go to auction right? Even if it's a a lease? Not entirely sure.. But we have a dealer guy on here Clayton! Ask a Subaru Dealer Check out that thread and ask him some questions! Or shoot him a PM.. If you butter him up, maybe he can do a carfax! Or someone else could..

Moral: Hatches are rare. And they WILL bring some dough.. So you better call your local pizzeria, you got some pies to make! (Sorry, we have a pizza problem in one thread )
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -AE

-For when my research is not going to plan, there is always beer and whiskey.
    -Without science, what do we have?

My build: Minimal. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...han-never.html

2014 ISM Hatch (His)
    2015 CWP Premium (Hers)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkkInNj View Post
    The auction part now, yes, that'd raise a flag. Especially if it was a lease. But I guess, if they repoed it, it would go to auction right? Even if it's a a lease? Not entirely sure.. But we have a dealer guy on here Clayton! Ask a Subaru Dealer Check out that thread and ask him some questions! Or shoot him a PM.. If you butter him up, maybe he can do a carfax! Or someone else could..
    No this wouldn't be the case. If the dealer repossessed the car it would go back to their possession and not to auction. Cars go to auction from another dealer when the car either:
    A. doesn't meet the standards said dealership carries in order to sell a used car
    B. The dealership could not move the car off the lot within their period of time allotted for the lone they took to get said car. Thus they would be forced to bite the bullet and take a slight loss on the car to get it off the lot and repay their debt.

The first one is what would concern me the most. Again, a car fax could solve this problem. However, unfortunately Car Fax's aren't always entirely accurate. Maybe you can ask the dealership if they know the reasoning the car was on auction in the first place. I'm skeptical that, even if they knew, they would not tell you.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    No this wouldn't be the case. If the dealer repossessed the car it would go back to their possession and not to auction. Cars go to auction from another dealer when the car either:
    A. doesn't meet the standards said dealership carries in order to sell a used car
    B. The dealership could not move the car off the lot within their period of time allotted for the lone they took to get said car. Thus they would be forced to bite the bullet and take a slight loss on the car to get it off the lot and repay their debt.

The first one is what would concern me the most. Again, a car fax could solve this problem. However, unfortunately Car Fax's aren't always entirely accurate. Maybe you can ask the dealership if they know the reasoning the car was on auction in the first place. I'm skeptical that, even if they knew, they would not tell you.
    Ahh, thanks! I wasn't sure if you leased through a bank, it'd head that direction.. If you can lease through a bank? Not entirely sure how leasing works.. So thanks for clearing that up! Wasn't too sure as you can tell from my post! Thanks Bill!
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -AE

-For when my research is not going to plan, there is always beer and whiskey.
    -Without science, what do we have?

My build: Minimal. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...han-never.html

2014 ISM Hatch (His)
    2015 CWP Premium (Hers)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkkInNj View Post
    Ahh, thanks! I wasn't sure if you leased through a bank, it'd head that direction.. If you can lease through a bank? Not entirely sure how leasing works.. So thanks for clearing that up! Wasn't too sure as you can tell from my post! Thanks Bill!
    No problem! But yeah, leasing is done through the dealership.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by Germz to Japz View Post
    lol i answered this on chat

imo just buy a brand new 2015 model or get them down to $25k and call it a day

good luck
    where do you get this price???

I Support ClubWRX
    A base model 2015 WRX at invoice pricing is about 25k. You'll be hard pressed to find one that cheap unless you go through our resident dealer, Clayton. Typically, base model sticker prices are around $27,500. This price is at or barely above what you are looking to pay on that hatch... I would consider the 2015.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by IguanaBait View Post
    Im looking at a 2013 Impreza WRX Base Hatch from a Subaru dealership right now and I was curious from owners of this car what a reasonable price is to pay for a car like this. It currently is just a base WRX model with 25700 miles. It has been on there lot for over 28 days and this dealership bought it originally from auction. It was a lease car for 1yr 6months with an average 15,700 miles a year. One owner. Great condition. I've gotten them down from $27,497 to $26,500. This dealership is constantly giving me crap like this car is super rare and thats why its value is what it is but in reality the hatchback was cancelled after the 2014 model so its not like there aren't others out there. Is this reasonable or do you think there is more room for negotiating? Should I call their bluff or not?
    i almost bought one around these parameters, except price. the dealership i was working with was asking high 23k. so no i wouldnt consider that a fair price. i bought the one i am in now for 27 even with 8,000 miles on it. perhaps still priced a bit high, but im at the helm of my damaged credit, so i have little leverage.

Just bought mine 3/15/15 2013 WRB Hatchback base 100% stock 1 owner no accident 12k miles for 27k in OHIO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sakitnyatudisini View Post
    where do you get this price???
    My local Subaru dealership when I went a few months ago...

I'm in Herndon Virginia so my prices probably vary than where you are...

But I can acknowledge that I got very lucky when my dad and I picked up a car that was valued at $31k for $28k or something along those lines...

What I just learned today (from reading this post) are that the hatchbacks hold their value much better than the sedans and also may even become worth investing in, especially if Subaru does not bring back the hatchbacks for the new generation...

Where in herndon? I lived off dranesville until last week lol

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSic View Post
    Where in herndon? I lived off dranesville until last week lol

that's like 5 minutes away from me lol...

i live near windsor hall way and grand hamptons right next to fairfax county parkway...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.