For Sale 2002 WRX For Sale with STI engine swap
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX For Sale with STI engine swap within the Vehicles for sale forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; ,000 OBO I am selling my WRX because I have a lil one on the way and needed an actual ...

2002 WRX For Sale with STI engine swap

$8,000 OBO

I am selling my WRX because I have a lil one on the way and needed an actual family car, but I sure will miss how much fun this car is. Below is the list of mods the car has.

Brand new STi EJ25 short block from the dealer. 30K miles on it currently, 160k on the car.
    Stock WRX 2.0 heads and cams. Passenger side head replaced due to cracks between the spark plug threads and valve seats.
    Grimspeed manual boost control.
    Perrin aluminum radiator.
    Stainless, tapered uppipe.
    Stock exhaust manifold wrapped.
    New water pump, timing kit, oil cooler, pcv valve, head gaskets, and head bolts.
    Cam seals, oil pump, front and rear main seals.
    3" stainless turbo-back exhaust.
    STi oil pan and pickup tube.
    Parts store oil pressure gauge since these cars don't have one from the factory.
    K&N air filter.
    Some brand of large intake pipe.
    Goodyear Asymetric F1's put on within the last two months.
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...245YR7F1A2XLV2
    New rear brake calipers and pads.
    https://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...2&autoModClar=
    Battery replaced last year.
    Lowered on Raceland struts.
    New rear brake backing plates, e-brake assemblies and passenger side e-brake cable, (discovered that all the right side e-brake assembly was missing and backing plates were rusted out.
    New rear wheel seals and bearings.
    HKS blowoff.
    Silicone vacuum lines.
    Auto transmission replaced with a used unit. Old trans is included and will need a rebuild.
    Matte black Torren wheels with security nuts. Socket included.
    Garrett GT28RS Turbo Upgrade Kit - WRX / STi [Garrett-SUB-003] - $1,495.00 : Himni Racing, Turbocharger, Turbo, Garrett, Turbo Kit, GReddy, Mazda RX-7, HKS, Apexi, TiAL, TurboXS, TurboSmart, Flange, Turbonetics, Exhaust, Intercooler, ACT, Intake

Theres is rust at the gas filler door pocket and the right rear door dogleg had some sort of repair with what looks like a rattle can job.
    The catalytic converter needs to be replaced due to the interior assembly coming loose and rattling when at idle and we don't know what brand of exhaust it has. If we can find what brand it is, we'll replace it.
    There is an oil leak at the turbo that has been trouble for some time. The turbo drain line tends to loosen up and leak oil onto the exhaust.

The pcv lines don't appear to be mounted like they're supposed to be. Every repair that the PO did involved using less fasteners and brackets than the car came with from the factory and using random screws/bolts to reassemble parts, hence some things weren't where they're supposed to be. We've done lots of work to this in order to put parts back correctly.

The new engine was assembled to factory specs and a proper break-in as done. All oil changes have been done right around 3K miles and we always use 91 octane at the least, usually 93 depending on if it's a Shell or a BP station.

We haven't done any tuning, nor do we know if any was done before. It runs like a bat out of hell for a daily and doesn't fuss one bit. Just has the oil leak. Title is clear and ready.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails get-attachment.jpg   get-attachment (2).jpg   get-attachment (6).jpg   get-attachment (8).jpg   get-attachment (14).jpg  

get-attachment (18).jpg   get-attachment (19).jpg   get-attachment (21).jpg   get-attachment (22).jpg   get-attachment (26).jpg  

Last edited by kheiss2013; 06-23-2014 at 12:43 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The price is $8,000 obo

Quote Originally Posted by kheiss2013 View Post
    I am selling my WRX because I have a lil one on the way and needed an actual family car, but I sure will miss how much fun this car is. Below is the list of mods the car has.

Brand new STi EJ25 short block from the dealer. 30K miles on it currently, 160k on the car.
    Stock WRX 2.0 heads and cams. Passenger side head replaced due to cracks between the spark plug threads and valve seats.
    Grimspeed manual boost control.
    Perrin aluminum radiator.
    Stainless, tapered uppipe.
    Stock exhaust manifold wrapped.
    New water pump, timing kit, oil cooler, pcv valve, head gaskets, and head bolts.
    Cam seals, oil pump, front and rear main seals.
    3" stainless turbo-back exhaust.
    STi oil pan and pickup tube.
    Parts store oil pressure gauge since these cars don't have one from the factory.
    K&N air filter.
    Some brand of large intake pipe.
    Goodyear Asymetric F1's put on within the last two months.
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...245YR7F1A2XLV2
    New rear brake calipers and pads.
    https://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...2&autoModClar=
    Battery replaced last year.
    Lowered on Raceland struts.
    New rear brake backing plates, e-brake assemblies and passenger side e-brake cable, (discovered that all the right side e-brake assembly was missing and backing plates were rusted out.
    New rear wheel seals and bearings.
    HKS blowoff.
    Silicone vacuum lines.
    Auto transmission replaced with a used unit. Old trans is included and will need a rebuild.
    Matte black Torren wheels with security nuts. Socket included.
    Garrett GT28RS Turbo Upgrade Kit - WRX / STi [Garrett-SUB-003] - $1,495.00 : Himni Racing, Turbocharger, Turbo, Garrett, Turbo Kit, GReddy, Mazda RX-7, HKS, Apexi, TiAL, TurboXS, TurboSmart, Flange, Turbonetics, Exhaust, Intercooler, ACT, Intake

Theres is rust at the gas filler door pocket and the right rear door dogleg had some sort of repair with what looks like a rattle can job.
    The catalytic converter needs to be replaced due to the interior assembly coming loose and rattling when at idle and we don't know what brand of exhaust it has. If we can find what brand it is, we'll replace it.
    There is an oil leak at the turbo that has been trouble for some time. The turbo drain line tends to loosen up and leak oil onto the exhaust.

The pcv lines don't appear to be mounted like they're supposed to be. Every repair that the PO did involved using less fasteners and brackets than the car came with from the factory and using random screws/bolts to reassemble parts, hence some things weren't where they're supposed to be. We've done lots of work to this in order to put parts back correctly.

The new engine was assembled to factory specs and a proper break-in as done. All oil changes have been done right around 3K miles and we always use 91 octane at the least, usually 93 depending on if it's a Shell or a BP station.

We haven't done any tuning, nor do we know if any was done before. It runs like a bat out of hell for a daily and doesn't fuss one bit. Just has the oil leak. Title is clear and ready.

dropping the price to $7,000, I need to find a new home for it. 660-537-9764 if you want to call or text with questions

Hey everyone. I no longer have the car. It's SOLD!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.