Subaru WRX Forum banner

OH: 2002 WRX Sedan, vf39+ extras, turnkey DD

For Sale 
3K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  zax 
#1 · (Edited)
Price Reduced

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX, vf39 turbo upgrade, supporting mods, extras

$8,999 Or Best Offer.

Clean title. Turn-key grocery getter, weekend warrior, rally car, daily driver. 180k.
Turbochared, intercooled, AWD, 5 speed, independent wheel suspension, LSD

For sale here is my 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX. This has been my daily driver for the last five years. I bought it bone stock with 114,000 miles on it. I immediately began the process of upgrading it. It was stage II with intake, exhaust, DP, and a cobb AP tune within a few months. By 144k I had a vf39 turbo installed along with all supporting mods: sti intercooler, sti pink 565cc injectors, walbro fuel pump etc. The maintenance is beyond the minimum. I have replaced many parts improving the car and taking care of any issues as they came. The car is to the point now where there is little to nothing left to replace outside of a transmission and engine swap. I am selling the car simply because it is time for a new project, this one feels ‘finished’ to me. I don’t plan on upgrading the engine and turbo more and I want to get a 3000gt vr-4. The car is still daily driven, completely reliable and performance ready to be a weekend warrior and a grocery getter.

All parts were installed by either a mechanic or my local tuner (in most cases the latter). Turn in Concepts in Cincinnati, the most reputable Subaru tuner in the tri-state, who is decorated for winning real races, installed the majority. They can vouch for a healthy car. The e-tune was done by Ray Arroyo at Turbotek tuning, a accomplished and proficient tuner/etuner that generally tunes through the Cobb Accessport. The Accessport can datalog in realtime, upload maps, and do much more. The car with come with an Accessport to do with as you wish (reflash, new maps, new tune). The car is currently good for a 12.8 @ 108. The car has 270awhp, 260awt, and is about 3000lbs. Nearly all parts were bought from reputable users with like new parts (if used) on the biggest Impreza forum in the world, NASIOC., New parts were from TIC, scoobytuner.com, or oakos.com, or Subaru. Mileage on engine and body: approx. 180k. Mileage on tranny: 130k. Thing runs like new. Well taken care of Subaru’s last forever.

When I bought the car, around 2010, the KKB value was $11,000 @ 114k, great condition
I understand price goes down over time. But KBB doesn’t calculate upgrades and modifications and sustainability etc. I understand you never get back what you put into a car but I should get back current KBB plus half of my investment. Or another way to figure it is half original KBB when purchased plus half of investment into car. Either way someone is getting a hell of a car for a lot less that I invested.

My total investment into car parts: $15,275
(if you were to include labor it would easily be $22,775)
Current KBB for the mileage is $5,500 + 15,275 divided by THREE= 10,592
This makes the car a bit of a loss for me and quite a gain for you.

I will let it go for $8,999 OBO (Or Best Offer).
Willing to entertain offers (within reason). No harm in running it by me.

*Serious inquiries only, please don’t waste my time or yours, obviously no joyrides

Here is a run down of the modifications, maintenance and upgrades:
(price reflects parts only, not labor)

Performance

Vf39 turbo (like new, rebuilt, bought from TIC- turn in concepts) $500
STI intercooler (like new) $300
ACT Streetlite 14.5lb flywheel (new) $275
Southbend Stage 1 Full face, organic, dual dampened clutch kit: $400 (new)
STI pink 565cc injectors: $200
Cobb SF Air Intake : $175
Walbro 255mlh fuel pump (new) $75
Samco MAF hose: $75
Gimmick Turbo Inlet (silicone) $75
Catless uppipe: $125
Bellmouth ebay downpipe $75
HKS Carbon Titanium exhaust (used) $400
Grimmspeed 3 port EBC $125
Stoptech pads and rotors (OEM style) $300
Kartboy Endlinks $125
Whiteline 22mm adjustable swaybars (front and rear) $375
Tokico HP (blue) struts: (front and rear) $500
STI Take-off springs (means form an STI, used) $150
Monroe (new) strut tops, rear: $75
TIC spacers to fit sti takeoffs: $50
Group N engine mounts (Subaru, new) $150
2004 STI BBS Gold Wheels $750
Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS (best all season tires) about 1500 miles on them: $750
1999 mitsubishi 3000gt VR-4 Spoiler: (sells online for 1350) $500

Maintenance and Upgrades, other:

Vision reman radiator $125
Duralast Alternator, reman, $200
Duralast Power steering pump, reman, $150
Subaru AC Compressor (used) $250
OEM style, 1 stop colder iridium spark plugs, Denso or NGK: $50
Motul Fliud in trans and diff: $100
Subaru linkage update (new): $75
2003 WRX 5 speed swap: 130k on this, $900
Subaru Steering Column, used $150
GE Nighthawk Platinum bulbs (best u can buy for bugeye) $50
Headlight Restoration (that lasts, with polyurethane finish) $75
Subaru Ball joints: $100
Prodrive shift knob: $50
Coilpacks, used: $75

Genuine OEM Subaru, new, Subaru dealer installed parts:
(mostly recalls and insurance covered)

2 front Subaru control arms, $500
Subaru OEM Subframe, Courtesy, $750
ABS Module, Recall $375
Fuel Line recall, $200
Rear Differential: $1375
Rear wheel hubs, knuckles and bearings: $750
Axle: $175

Sound System:

This is not a BestBuy sound system, this is one that an audiophile would appreciate.

Eclipse Aluminum 12” DVC Sub; SW8122DVC, 500 watts rms, (rated output, not useless max or peak, underrated even at that, according to SPL tests, gurus say 650 watts continuous is more likely: $200

Eclipse head unit: $150
MB Quart 6.5” Reference series Components, front, with crossover, tweeter: $150 (few months old)
MB Quart 2 way Reference series 5.25” Coaxials, rear, $75
Coustic 601SE 600watt rms amp powering subwoofer, properly gauged wire, $250
Kenwood KAC 4 channel amp, 250 watt rms, powering speakers, $150
Scosche wiring kit for amps, $50

That’s a quality sound system, not sony, pioneer, polk, mtx, or kenwood (except their amp which is fine)
Cost: $1025, Output, around a 1750 watt max system, rms is hard to remember, maybe 850 watts rms.

Accident (1) History
One winter a few years ago I had to swerve off the road downhill to avoid a truck who slammed on its brakes, there was impact to the side of the car, damage was concentrated, took the car to Subaru, they said it did not affect the frame, or other body parts outside of a side/corner. Trying to recall the details but they fixed everything like new. The rear diff hit a tree trunk that was cut when I went off road to avoid the truck, so they replaced that too, along with the entire rear end. Alignment and balance are fine. No issues.

The parts and labor for this job was $7500.

A good bit was on paint, and not all was needed. Half of this was labor.
About $2000 of it is listed above, parts not including labor would be an additional, $1250

The vehicle does not have a salvage title, Subaru considered it restored to new condition. No problems with it since. Just being upfront and honest. They repaired some bumper parts, grill, Left axle, fender, door, pillar, mirror, trim, quarter panel.

I have all receipts.

Please email/PM me @ (email: straitupstaticx@gmail.com)
Or
Five one three four one seven two eight five nine

Thanks for looking!

-Nate-

For those interested in: turbocharged, intercooled, AWD, all wheel drive, 4x4, 4wd, ej205, sti, impreza wrx, outback sport, legacy gt, mitsubishi evolution etc etc

VIN: JF1GD29642G523172

See less See more
#15 ·
i been watching this car on craigs list. sexy car. im new to the subaru scene and not as smart with them as i am with honda's. i hear of head gaskets being an issue with boxer motors. with 180k, has it been done before or something that should be done soon? BTW i MAY be in that market for a WRX.....

#16 ·
i hear of head gaskets being an issue with boxer motors. with 180k, has it been done before or something that should be done soon?
Head gasket failures were common on early naturally aspirated EJ25s. HG failure is almost unheard of in a turbo boxer motor.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.