For Sale I'm wondering what my car is worth???

This is a discussion on I'm wondering what my car is worth??? within the Vehicles for sale forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I have a 2013 subaru wrx sedan with 12,000 miles that i need to sell because of my new circumstances. ...

I'm wondering what my car is worth???

I have a 2013 subaru wrx sedan with 12,000 miles that i need to sell because of my new circumstances. how much is a fair price for the car stock? and what about with the invidai q300 catless turboback/ 3 port boost solenoid / accessport that is currently with the car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you find a buyer that is interested in those modifications, you might be able to ask more. But generally speaking (and I know I'm gonna get a lot of shiz for this) mods don't add monetary value to the car.

Depends where you are located I tried to sell my wrx a year after I got it with a few mods and I had people willing to pay $26,500 but in the end I decided I can keep her!
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Dude dealerships are scum...when I purchased my WRX they were all raving how the WRX keeps it value and it was a great selling point, plus the car was a blast to drive, and then when you want to trade it in they ram it right up there hard. I went back to see what I can get for my 2013 DGM WRX with 4500 miles and they told me $21,000, luckily I didn't punch anyone and go to jail, but this is the same dealership that told me about the great re-sale value the WRX's have and they just knocked $6,500 off the price I paid for it 6 months ago. Let me tell you something, never buying a car at that Subaru dealership again, they near gave me a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Agron1979 View Post
    Dude dealerships are scum.. I went back to see what I can get for my 2013 DGM WRX with 4500 miles and they told me $21,000 [snip] dealership that told me about the great re-sale value the WRX's have and they just knocked $6,500 off the price I paid for it 6 months ago.
    Trade in is always going to be much lower than a private party sale. They'd buy yours for $21K, slap a $26K sticker on it and let a customer "haggle" them down to $25K.

Cut it down the middle and offer yours private party for $23.5. Either way, you're gonna take it in the shorts a little after only six months.

Is your DGM a base, premium or limited?

Its the base, but has the spoiler, auto dimming mirror, alpine navigation, factory installed short throw shifter, 20 percent tint all around, all season mats and trunk mat, and new continental high performance all season tires. I'm sure I can get more than 21k for it. How would a private sale work if I still owe money on the car?

There are a number of ways to go about it. If the buyer is local, it might be easier if you can both meet at the lenders and do all the work there. There are also escrow services that will ensure neither side gets screwed. The latter will, of course, cost you a bit (not sure how much).

As much as we don't like the dealer's price, they take care of all the paperwork. Sign this and that and you're done. I've never traded in a car because I hold on to them so long that they aren't worth the trouble. I've never had a private party sale of over $4000.

When you start talking $20K, you'll want to make sure everything is squared away. The dealer does that for you and, of course, makes you pay for it.

Here's just one link of many:

Selling Your Car if You Owe Money on It - Cars.com

I will add on to zeigeist's post (which is VERY good and VERY accurate).

First, you will need to secure the money to pay off the loan which will be what you owe minus the selling price.

Next, put the sale ad and negotiate the sale and have the purchasing bank send the money directly to your lien holder (this insures the money is legitimate and helps protect you since you are not handling any of the money).

Finally, your car will need the money set aside so, you will put that into the account and have the title sent to the bank/person purchasing your car.

I have always provided the lien info to the person interested and as long as the money is there to pay it off, it is the same as you owning the car. The titling should not take long however, ask your bank because in some states it could take a few days but most can have the title sent within a day of payoff.

If you are not in a rush, it is much better to sell yourself! However, if someone wants to test drive the car, have them put a refundable deposit on the car. This will detract people who want to simply joy ride in your car.

Good luck!
    Chris
    '14 WRX Crystal Black/SPT CBE/Cobb Stage I

Where is op from? I would buy your q300 if you were local or near PA

I work for a ford dealership so I could even get a mananger to appraise it for you. I recently traded a 2013 WRX base full stage 2, customer bought a new F150, I believe we put 24,500 on it for trade value? Or somewhere along those lines if that helps?

ill buy it today if you still have it

^ PM the OP... Has a better chance of getting his attention... if he registered with a valid email address....
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?