Want To Buy Is this WRX worth 7000?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Is this WRX worth 7000? within the Vehicles for sale forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey all, new to the boards and new to looking at my prospective dream Subie. Just wondering if this WRX ...

Is this WRX worth 7000?

Hey all, new to the boards and new to looking at my prospective dream Subie.
    Just wondering if this WRX would be worth buying with 180xxx miles and an occasional check engine light. The guy says its because of the evap circuit but doesn't want me to take it to a mechanic. I am partially blinded by the blue.

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon w/ Navigation CLEAN TITLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Meh...

Some things to watch out for, Cold air intake is listed, never heard of ADR wheels before, why would he not meet you at a mechanic's shop? 3 owner, hood scoop is not painted.

Other than those things, it *seems like it's never had any power mods, *if it has been stock it's whole life, that would be a great thing. Also, definitely make sure all the maintenance has been performed and done properly, it is high mileage. Honeslty, if you're going to be driving it daily, the mileage would rule it out for me.

Ideal specimen would be lower miles, single or 2 owner, all maintenance performed on time and documented, no mods.

If you're going to look at that thing, I'd have a subaru mechanic give it a once-over and read the code. For sure. And even if you know about cars I would go with whatever the mechanic advises. Also, for the price, refer to NADA.

Any owner that WON'T let you have the car inspected by a reputable mechanic has something to hide.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk.

I Support ClubWRX
    To the OP, I'm local to you (Newberg). For reference, I paid $9k for a mint condition, completely stock, one-owner 2003 WRX with 70k miles, clean title, and all service records since new, so the price is way on the high side given the mileage, even for the NW. Kelley Blue book is $5,400 in excellent condition, which this one isn't. I wouldn't consider his modifications worth anything since it seems like they've used bottom-dollar parts (Jensen, etc).

Lithia Subaru is a 5 minute drive from Milwaukie, and I trust their service dept with my own car, so I see no reason why the owner wouldn't let you get the car inspected there. Ask the owner where they've had it serviced. If they won't let you get it inspected at Lithia, run away, but personally I wouldn't buy a high-mileage WRX regardless.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hats009 View Post
    ...doesn't want me to take it to a mechanic
    Walk away.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

mechanic, maintenance ppwk. Both a must, or walk.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    nope

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I wouldnt buy that car at that price....

Too high! If I were interested I would wait 2 or 3 months and offer him $3,500. It will still be there waiting lol. Seems too high mileage plus it's a wagon.

[QUOTE= plus it's a wagon.[/QUOTE]

Dunno about some, but if the WRX didn't come in a hatch I wouldn't own one right now. I like utility, and the performance.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

True. Wagons are very handy and I kind of wanted one when I was shopping around, but it seems like most buyers prefer the sporty sedan. No offense! I just don't think that particular car is worth anywhere near 7k.

Quote Originally Posted by zoe60 View Post
    True. Wagons are very handy and I kind of wanted one when I was shopping around, but it seems like most buyers prefer the sporty sedan. No offense! I just don't think that particular car is worth anywhere near 7k.
    I agree with you on this particular car. It's suspect. I just think Hatches have their niche, although with the WRX hatch going away ....hhhhmmmm I may be in the minority ...lol..
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Keep in mind that because he put $2000 in worth of "upgrades" on it doesn't mean the value of the car is going to be $2000 more than what it should be. Naive seller.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Buy my 05 LGT Limited wagon

Quote Originally Posted by deadsnake View Post
    Buy my 05 LGT Limited wagon
    Link, pics?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast