Subaru WRX Forum banner

04 AWP STi: Built 30R w/ 450awhp

For Sale 
12K views 42 replies 11 participants last post by  wo^tron 
#1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is my 2004 Impreza WRX STi. I'm the 4th owner of the car, it has a clear title and no accidents, and it’s also been a Florida car for 98% of its life except when it was in Huntington beach California for about 8 months. Currently the car has 80,000 miles on the odometer. She's a garage queen, but I do take her out occasionally to drive to school or car meets/shows so the mileage will go up slowly. Currently its located in South West Florida.
Car is paid off and title is on hand!

Now - $18,900

Here's some eye candy to enjoy before the yabbering begins:

When I got this car I started working on it to make it the ultimate combination daily driver/tuner car/show car. Despite the list of modifications, it is a docile daily driver that can be taken out rain or shine. Also the custom made front mount intercooler is pressure tested to hold a lot of boost without giving, I've never had an intercooler pipe pop off EVER.

Everything maintenance wise has been taken care of, and the modification list is solid to the point where you can just hop in and go with no issues. The car was also professionally repainted by the old owner and the paint has less than 25,000 miles on it. I also have a massive pile of receipts for the car, and just about everything is accounted for.

Why am I selling it? I just feel like I need a change in life. That and I have graduate school creeping up on me I'm finding less and less time to be able to go to events and meets with the car, and I don't track it so I feel almost as if it is a waste. I knew it was going to have to happen one day (hence previous listings for the car) but I wanted to enjoy it as much as I could and I feel like I have :)

Currently, I'm looking for $18,900. Which may seem like a lot, but I HIGHLY doubt you could pick up a 04 STi with low miles in very clean/mint condition, and then build it for cheaper than that price. I can also throw in the smoked set of tail lights and a MINT scoopless hood from an 04 RS in Aspen White Pearl.

I'm looking for straight cash (or loan), no trades. No paypal. Also no test drives unless you have CASH in hand, but I can give you a ride to show you what it can do. I'm pressed for time at the moment, so I can't drive to meet you, though I can have the car shipped at your expense.

9/27 tuning:
I met up with STiMikey to try to up the boost. But at 29psi on e85 the car was seeing 105% injector duty cycles in 2nd gear so we scrapped the tuning plan. The car will need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to go any further power wise. Also Mikey said the car looks and felt good, timing is conservative (20 degrees up top), and it may be closer to 470awhp than 450awhp

4/12 tuning:
Fuel pressure regulator was installed, system was checked for leaks which were fixed. This 3rd map will be included sets the car at 30psi and a gut-wrenching 500awhp with 550ft-lbs of torque. It features more timing than previous e85 tune. Boost is turned down to around 24psi daily driving.
The fuel pump duty is at its maximum recommended level with the boost at 30psi, any future power increasing modifications will require bigger injectors and/or a secondary fuel pump

Comprehensive Modification List

Engine:
Engine Work by Sean Gyles @ Vigilant Motorsports:
2011 STi Block
CP Pistons
CP Rings
OEM Forged Rod/Rod bolts
OEM Forged Crank
11mm Oil Pump
Restored/Resurfaced Heads
Supertech Oversized Valves (Flow Tested)
Brian Crower Titanium Springs and Retainers
Gates Racing Timing kit
Gates Racing Super Strong Timing Belt
Gates Racing Water Pump
ARP Headstuds
Oil Cooler Delete
Emissions System Delete (have all pieces on hand)

Open Source Tuned by Mikey "STiMikey" Botti
4??awhp/4??ft/lbs @ 23PSI on 93
47?+awhp/4??ft/lbs @ 26PSI on E85
500awhp/550ft/lbs @ 30PSI on E85
Last Dyno figures were 421awhp/396ft-lbs @ 21psi on a DynoJet w/o AVCS (different tune)
TinyWrex Launch Control

Ultimate Racing GT3076-R Kit
Garrett GT3076 Twin Ball Bearing Turbocharger
TiAL MV-R 44mm Waste Gate
Rotated Mount 3” Downpipe
Rotated Mount EWG Uppipe
Roated Mount EWG Dump Tube
All Lines, Fittings, Clamps etc.

Fabrication by LHT:
Custom Aluminum 2.75" Intercooler piping
Long Ram 3" Charge Pipe
Injen Intake with HydroShield
Precision Turbo 600hp Core
3” Catless Steel Exhaust with manual cutout
Magnaflow Muffler
MAF Rewire/Extension
Dump Tube Replumbed into DownPipe

Other Supporting Mods:
Clutchmasters Stage 3 Kevlar Backed Clutch
Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel
Deatschwerks 1100cc Side Feed Injectors
Walbro 400+lph Fuel Pump (E85 version)
Tomei Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Aeromotive External Fuel Filter
Grimmspeed 160 Degree Thermostat
Grimmspeed PnP Tumble Generator Valve Deletes
Grimmspeed PnP/Coated Throttle Body
Hallman Pro RX Manual Boost controller
TiAL Q 50mm Blowoff Valve (Shimmed)
KoyoRAD Aluminum Radiator
Stop Tech Slotted Rotors
Hawk HPS Break Pads
Goodridge Stainless Break Lines
Motul Fluids
BC Racing BR Series Coil Overs (8000/6000)
BC Racing Camber plates
Torque Solutions Poly Solid Motor Mounts
Torque Solutions Billet Aluminum Pitch Stop
Odyssey PC680 Light Weight Battery

Aesthetic Mods:
Pioneeer DEH-P5200HD
Exterior Mods: 18" Konig Runaways
225/45ZR18 Nitto NT555
Enkei Lug Nuts
SIEBON Scoopless Carbon Fiber hood
VIS Racing Do-Luck Carbon Fiber trunk
Roof (professionally) painted Black
Blacked set of Tails rewired for the “jdm”/eye look
Cleared Headlights with flat black bezel
WC Lathe werks Titanium Shift Knob
FormulaOne Tint (Comfort Package)
Subtle Solutions License Plate Delete
Zero/Sports Push Button Start
Zero/Sports Gauge Pod
Zero/Sports Shift Boot
AEM UEGO Wideband
Defilink Imperial Boost
Defilink Imperial Oil Pressure
Defilink Imperial Oil Temp
Defilink Imperial EGT

Maintenance Done:
Built Motor installed: 63,891 (Gaskets, timing, drive belts)
Clutch: 62,840
AC Vacuum & Recharge: 62,840
Coolant Flush: 63,891
Breaks & fluids: 66,892
Tires: 64,669
Spark Plugs: 71,215
Trans/Diff Fluid: 68,273
Full repaint: 52,208

That's it! If you have any questions PM/email me. I'm always open to offers as well :D

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
#11 ·
Car is beautiful! GLWS.

#15 ·
one question. you want somebody to pay a lot of money for a highly modified nearly 10 year old car thats been through 4 separate owners(thats a lot of owners for this kind of car) and they are NOT allowed to get behind the wheel before handing over their hard earned cash? i can understand not letting every 18 year old with $12 to his name drive it. but to deny even a serious buyer with cash in hand the ability to test drive a car...LOL thats insane.

as a potential buyer, just reading that part of your ad would have lost my business instantly. i wouldnt have even bothered calling you about it.

clean car anyways though and GLWS man!!!

#19 ·
Yes sir the car is still for sale!

I met up with STiMikey this weekend to try to up the boost:

But at 29psi on e85 the car was seeing 105% injector duty cycles in 2nd gear so we scrapped the tuning plan. The car will need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to go any further power wise.
Also Mikey said the car looks and felt good, timing is conservative (20 degrees up top), and it may be closer to 470awhp than 450awhp

Also I got to see a community legend:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.