For Sale 2009 WRX Premium For Sale

This is a discussion on 2009 WRX Premium For Sale within the Vehicles for sale forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I have a 2009 WRX Premium for sale. Dealer claims the vehicle is in need of engine replacement, however at ...

2009 WRX Premium For Sale

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130425_151018.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	113710

I have a 2009 WRX Premium for sale. Dealer claims the vehicle is in need of engine replacement, however at this point I have not received the exact diagnosis. Has just shy of 80000 miles. Black, 5spd, SPT Cat-Back Exhaust, Formula One Tint 10% everything except windshield, roof rails, factory short throw shifter. Aftermarket pioneer head unit, with custom fit subwoofer box in trunk (Kenwood 2x 12"). Interior is clean, exterior has only one small ding on the bottom of rear bumper, the rest are just road nicks and chips. I tried to touch up whenever I found a new chip with metal showing. It was driven as commuter vehicle for four years. 85% highway miles. New Goodyear GTs as of November, have about 8000 miles on. No drivetrain modifications. Just trying to find another WRX fan who may be more able to put the effort into getting this vehicle back on the road, as I do not have the funds for a repair or new vehicle. Would LOVE to get $10k out of it, but without knowing exactly the problem it could be worth more, or less. I will update information and post pictures soon, located in Northern VA.
    Last edited by padyankees; 05-01-2013 at 09:57 AM. Reason: photos

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any idea what caused the engine to go wrong?

Unfortunately no, driving at about 50mph on an off ramp, noticed a knocking sound that quickly got worse. Had it towed to the dealer. Dealer claims they did not find any metal shavings in the oil or oil pan. Engine has not been pulled or broken down to determine exact cause of the issue, however they believe it could be an internal bearing issue. Again, nothing confirmed