For Sale 2003 Lancer Evolution VIII, ONLY 24K miles, super super clean

This is a discussion on 2003 Lancer Evolution VIII, ONLY 24K miles, super super clean within the Vehicles for sale forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Putting this up for a short time to see if there's any interest on here, I'm considering stepping out of ...

2003 Lancer Evolution VIII, ONLY 24K miles, super super clean

Putting this up for a short time to see if there's any interest on here, I'm considering stepping out of the enthusiast "game" for a bit. I'm the second owner. 100% clean title. No accidents, paintwork, e-bay parts, juvenile owners, stories, wanna be race car drivers, track days, auto-x, launches, suspect history, hidden faults or other BS. This is the 03 Evo to buy on the market right now. Period. This car is just about what I'd call a 'time capsule'

*Why are you selling it?
    Its too clean for me to use daily. I feel guilty about driving it too much, or in the rain, or not washing every day, touching the steering wheel with sweaty hands etc. I'd rather have a turn key and go brainless appliance at this point. I'm sure I'll regret selling it. At this point in my life I feel I need something a bit more sensible, something I can use freely and not be concerned driving or leaving anywhere.
    *What does it need?
    I went over this, a new home. A quality owner. I'm not selling this to a rich kid who likes dry pavement donuts, sorry. I care for the car too much.
    *How do I know it's not abused?
    Original clutch and two sets of stock tires (known for their short life) answer that question for me. Doesn't consume oil, gearbox is absolutely flawless and smooth.
    *Isn't the stock clutch weak!?
    No, that's a myth perpetrated by heavy footed abusive drivers. Go on EvoM I posted a thread on this exact subject. Plenty of drivers have done over 100K with plenty more power than stock on the stock clutch, so try again if you're trying to use that as a negotiation. Ol' girls only making ~330whp. The 4G and its drive line can handle much more.

*What's that?
    Still concerned?
    No worries, add $500 on top and I'll give you a brand new IN BOX (opened to confirm completeness) ACT MB7 HDSS Clutch Kit.
    It'll cost you $700 new shipped to your door.
    Oh, you're also welcome to look everywhere under the car, I'll even jack it up for you and hand you a flashlight.
    Hell if I think you're a real good sport I'll include enough diaqueen for your next transfer case/diff service, and another four new spark plugs.

2003 Apex Silver Lancer Evolution VIII
    Mileage as of advert publication date: 24,500 (car is in occasional use, will increase marginally)
    Sunroof, carbon fiber spoiler

Aftermarket parts:
    -AMS "50 Trim" Turbo Kit (AMS tubular manifold, Tial 38mm EWG (recirculated dump) AMS O2 housing, dual ball bearing '50 trim' Garrett Turbo (AMS was hush hush on the specs on their off-the-shelf kits.) AMS downpipe, AMS LICP)
    -AMS Turboback Exhaust
    -AMS FMIC
    -HKS 272/272 cams
    -ARP Head Studs
    -Hallman pro manual boost controller
    -AEM UEGO Wideband
    -SPI Series 2 Boost Gauge
    -Walbro 255lph fuel pump
    -Greddy 880cc injectors
    -HKS DLI II Ignition Amplifier
    -Blitz FATT Turbo Timer
    -Evolution IX metal BOV
    -Speedsource underhood shifter bushings
    -Tanabe GF210 springs on VIII KYBs

All fluids are fresh, I have changed the following in the last 2,000 miles.
    gearbox - AMSOIL MTL 75w-90
    transfer case/rear diff - Diaqueen SAE 90
    Engine oil - Brad Penn 10w-40 in the warm months, Rotella T6 in the cold months.
    Coolant - Zerex G-05
    Plugs - NGK BR8ES

Interior - looks 90% as it did in 2003. Still has a hint of new car scent. No smoking, pets, eating, hot food, dirty people, individuals of considerable girth (preserved seat bolsters) in this car ever. Minor wear on driver's seat and floormat. Steering wheel is in perfect shape, indistinguishable from a brand new $1400 wheel from Mitsu. Interior is cleaned and vacuumed at a minimum of once weekly, plastics have never been hArmorall'd, they maintain their factory matte finish. Everything works as new inside, heat/AC, all lights etc.

Exterior - looks 90% new as well, a few knicks on the front end/bumper/sideskirts (READ: barely noticable rock chips, VERY minor. Even the most diligent automotive paintwork enthusiast will be satisfied. Otherwise paintwork has gloss as it would new, hardly any swirls or other marks. Weather permitting, paintwork will be polished and sealed for the next owner.
    Carbon on the wing is still 100% perfect, no signs of fading or cancer.
    Brembos still 95% cherry red, no cancer or peeling. Both myself and previous owner have taken excellent care of the car in every aspect mechanically cosmetically or otherwise. Been garage kept for the vast majority of it's life. Never spent more than a handful of nights outdoors. Always washed using quality detail products, never saw an automatic car wash. Washed, polished and waxed/sealed routinely regardless of weather. Seen rain a handful of times since new.

Mechanically - without a flaw. Perfect engine, no oil consumption, perfect trans (notchy when cold, like all GSR 5-speeds), library-silent transfer case, zero leaks or evidence of leaks in the past. Clutch grabs as new, no noises, slips or smells. Undercarriage looks virtually new, bolts still have factory gold finish. All quality fluids run with very conservative intervals. Perfect stoich idle, perfect WOT AFR, incredible drivability. Starts up and idles cold/hot and everywhere in between. Stellar runner. All installs (sans fluid changes) were performed at tuning shops, no backyard replica tuners here. Pulls like a freight train smoothly across the rev range, the tune is a work of art. All pressure piping has been t-bolted. No cheap worm clamps or cheapo ebay t-bolts. Car is riding on it's second set of Advan A046 tires.

PROS:
    As stated, second meticulous ADULT owner from new.
    All original paintwork/body panels, VIN tags etc.
    Just serviced with quality fluids.
    clean title in hand.
    No bull****, 100% mechanically solid Evolution VIII.
    No boost leaks. (Milspec TB Shaft seals)
    $5000+ of AMS Parts.
    Car was tuned by Chad Block of CBRD Speedfactory. ~358WHP,328TRQ (very conservative tune (~11.1 AFR @ WOT)
    Paint work looks excellent, I'm an aspiring detailer so it's been a test mule for waxes/sealants and it shows.
    Interior like new, one of the best condition VIII interiors I've seen recently.
    Title never had a lein on it, easy transfer with no hassle.
    Has a cat, no inspection issues.
    Never used a drop of fluids, no leaks.
    Blend door is 100% perfect.
    Never had a front plate mounted, so no scuffs or marks on bumper like others.
    Still has spare tire, jack owners manual.

CONS:
    -Minor (hardly visible rock chips on bumper/skirts) only thing that keeps me from calling it immaculate/showroom conditon
    -One of the gauge cluster bulbs went dead. 4$ part. Will likely be replaced before sale.
    -You don't own it.
    -I'm picky about test drives. Without proof of financial backing, legitimate purchase intent, it's unlikely anyone else will test drive it. I'll put through the gears for you and demonstrate mechanical functionality, I'm very picky about every aspect of this car, especially how it's treated and driven. If that's an issue for you, don't contact me. Sorry. There will be zero 'testing the waters' test racers.

OTHER:
    -Couple "bottle necks" in the setup: Stock UICP, high-flow cat.
    - probably could make more power with a short route UICP and test pipe. Never bothered me. Exhaust is quiet as well.
    -undertray doesn't fit with the LICP. There's hardly an VIII/IX on the road that still has one, but I have it, will be included in sale should the new owner want to try to fab something up or use it for sledding or something.

Only trades considered would be an Evolution IX with very low mileage and factory stock, or possibly an 11-13 WRX.
    Price gone If you're a cash buyer and you'd like to make me a legitimate offer in cash, I may consider. Otherwise, only a tad negotiable. I'm certain the first qualified buyer who comes to see the car will buy it. I'm absolutely willing to photograph any/all parts/angles of the car for interested buyers, nothing is to be "hidden" or left up to imagination here.

* If you try telling me you found a cleaner Evo VIII, I'll buy it. Any other 'attempted negotiations' will be ignored. There's multiple individuals on here and EvoM that will vouch for the car, and myself as a seller.
    No trades, no test pilots, no lack of qualified shoppers, no tire kickers.
    Contact via cell: 201-400-3193 (call or text, if I don't answer leave a voicemail.)

Last edited by SlimJim8804; 05-26-2013 at 07:57 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Will keep this thread up to date with information as I recall it. When I have time, better pictures will be submitted.

NOTE: Wheels is not rashed or scuffed in that photo, just a little dirty.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

This thing is beautiful man. I think I'm in love!

GLWS, hopefully it finds the right home.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    This thing is beautiful man. I think I'm in love!

GLWS, hopefully it finds the right home.
    Thanks ! Its a stellar example, took me forever to find. I sold the VIII I had at the time to pick this one up specifically. Figured I'd post the advert here to see if there was any interest. I'm seriously considering a new WRX, I've had an STi and other Subies in the past and I think I'm about ready for another.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk