For Sale NJ: 2002 WRX Wagon, stockish & High mileage.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NJ: 2002 WRX Wagon, stockish & High mileage. within the Vehicles for sale forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I have lurked on this forum and NASIOC ever since I bought this WRX and learned so much from the ...

NJ: 2002 WRX Wagon, stockish & High mileage.

I have lurked on this forum and NASIOC ever since I bought this WRX and learned so much from the group, its time to move down my "Automobile Bucket List" so I bought a Hemi powered Jeep.

$5400 obo its also on evilbay but would rather see it go to a forum member so selling off of the bay would be good too.

EDIT: Vin number just in case anyone would like to carfax the car, JF1GG29642G814326

Full picture gallery here, https://picasaweb.google.com/1148555...WRXForSale5400

This car is an immaculately maintained, adult owned WRX with 190,090 miles. I am the second owner of the car, the first owner was a family I would assume as I found children's toys under the seats when I purchased the car from the dealer. The previous owners obviously had a long highway commute as I bought it with 168k miles in 2008, when I bought the car I carfaxed it and found that it was well maintained by the previous owners, it was bone stock, obviously well loved and it drove like it was new so I had no concerns. Car has optional automatic dimming/compass rear view mirror and factory alarm.

During my ownership it has been the most reliable car I have ever had, it has never left me stranded or gave me any worries or troubles of any kind. Any parts used during maintenance were factory Subaru unless a proven aftermarket part was in fact better then stock.

Under my ownership I have performed the following work as preventative/general maintenance;
    -I have changed the oil religiously every 3k miles with Mobil one synthetic oil
    -Transmission and rear end oil changed with synthetic oils
    -a complete service/tuneup with spark plug, air cleaner and vacuum line replacement while two recalls where performed at the dealer (lift gate mounts and fuel line replacement)
    -New front calipers, all four new rotors, brake flush, Hawk HPS sport brake pads (brakes are awesome)
    -New radiator, thermostat, and updated fill tank
    -New oxygen sensors front and rear
    -New battery
    -All four tires, Hankook Ventus in stock sizes about 10k miles ago.<br>
    -Bosal/spt downpipe and a good used low mileage stock cat/midpipe to replaced the cracked stock units.
    -Replaced the leaking steering rack with a good low mileage used unit with a warranty from a reputable junk yard.
    -Megan racing's copy of Subaru's group N motor and transmission mounts (makes the car vibrate more than stock at idle but a good trade off for handling)
    -New accessory belts
    -Pioneer head unit with ipod connectivity and bluetooth connection to your cell phone for integrated hands free phone calls. (stock head unit will be included)
    -Car detailed twice professionally (been about a year since last detail).

The car was never abused, but some carefully executed spirited driving on occasion, yes. I am definitely an enthusiast and subaru lover. This car drives perfectly down the road with no shakes, the chassis is incredibly tight and corners beautifully, you would NEVER guess that it was a higher mileage car. Car does not smoke, or leave its oily mark anywhere. The turbo boosts correctly. No check engine light. Interior is really clean, driver seat bolsters are in perfect shape (good indication of highway miles).

Now for things that make the car not perfect....
    -rear fenders are starting to show signs of rust, had a local body shop that I deal with on a regular basis give me a quote of about $600-800 to repair
    -During really cold days there is an idler bearing that makes a bit of noise until the car warms up.
    -Windshield has a crack, Have a quote for $180 to replace glass.<br>
    -Front bumper has some small damage, looks like someone backed into the car while parallel parking in front of my job.....Along with a few small dings around the car from parking lots.
    -Clock on dash stopped working about a year ago (radio has clock).
    -It appears the cam seals are starting to weep a bit but will never leave a mark on the pavement.

The car can be viewed anytime during normal business hours at;

JDS Cycles
    247 West Westfield Ave
    Roselle Park, NJ 07204
    908-245-2445

Last edited by polytoxic; 09-22-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Added vin number

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.