FS: 1999 Subaru Forester L - new timing belt / water pump $1999 NJ NY
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on FS: 1999 Subaru Forester L - new timing belt / water pump 99 NJ NY within the Vehicles for sale forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys, I'm selling my 99 Forester. It is an auto and has 194k miles on it. Car is in ...

FS: 1999 Subaru Forester L - new timing belt / water pump $1999 NJ NY

Hey guys,

I'm selling my 99 Forester. It is an auto and has 194k miles on it. Car is in clean condition inside and out. Body has ZERO rust. Tires have plenty of tread on them. Seats and door panels are rip free. Cold A/C and hot heat. I just had the timing belt, all tensioners, water pump, radiator, spark plugs, coolant flush, trans fluid flush, and oil change done. Head gaskets were done at 160k. Car has been maintained.

The only issue that the Forester has is that there is a 1.5 second delay when you shift from Park to Drive. Also a 1/2 second delay if you downshift hard from 4th gear. I've researched this on the Forester forums and this is apparently a common issue. Otherwise the transmission shifts perfectly fine through all the gears with the exception of this delay issue. Transmission does not slip in gear. I would feel confident driving it everyday.

KBB private party value is: $3945 in good condition or 3395 in fair condition.

SOLD for 2100

Last edited by MR2Fanatic; 03-10-2010 at 04:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.