FS Big Sky's very well sorted 04 wagon
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on FS Big Sky's very well sorted 04 wagon within the Vehicles for sale forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; The call for a 09 is becoming stronger and two cars isn't in the works, so I thought I'd give ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

FS Big Sky's very well sorted 04 wagon

The call for a 09 is becoming stronger and two cars isn't in the works, so I thought I'd give it a go here first instead of trading it in

It's a 2004 WRX wagon, 5 speed, Aspen White w/ just shy of 64k on the odometer

I've put a lot of tender loving care into these vehicle, every modification was purposely thought out. I tried to strike a balance between a daily driven grocery getter and weekend fun car. This is NOT a died in the wool track car, nor a dedicated autox car, but still no slouch at either A wonderful canyon/mtn. carver to be sure!

Suspension- at the core of the suspension are Koni dampers in wagon housings, topped w/ STi Tarmac springs, RCE lowering camber plates up front and Group N tops in the rear. Ride height is a perfect 30mm drop f/r. Read my ongoing review of this setup here: Tarmac springs on wagon - NASIOC

Sway bars are WL 27-29mm front w/ WL 22mm adj rear. Poltec spherical sway links at both ends. The lateral links are full aluminum, wagon specific w/ Grp N bushings pressed in w/ Poltec aluminum "boxes" for the sway links. Trailing links have Group N bushings front/rear. Group N bushings as well on the front control arms. STi titanium front strut bar, STI wagon specific rear strut bar w/ custom quick releases. Lower STi arm brace. WL steering rack bushings.

I'll be selling the car w/ oe 17x7 2006 WRX wheels and oe RE92's (w/ like new tread). Wheels and tires are kind of a personal thing, so the new owner can figure out what's appropriate for his needs.

Brakes- are FHI four pots w/ two piece DBA 5000 rotors, rears FHI two pots w/ DBA 4000 rotors, Ferodo DS2500 pads front and rear, Goodridge lines w/ Motul fluid. Calipers were recently rebuilt. Have several spare sets of pads- including DS3000's, spare rebuild kits f/r as well.

Drivetrain-Grp N mounts including pitch stop, engine mounts, tranny mount and rear diff, STi short shifter, Prodrive rear diff cover

Engine- pretty modest here: ScoobySport semi-divorced downpipe, STi uppipe, P&P exhaust manifolds Jet Hot coated, Prodrive muffler, Samco turbo inlet, Samco MAF, Samco intercooler hoses, Samco radiator hoses, STi panel filter (have a Prodrive intake that I haven't installed yet), EcuTek tuned

the power is very usable and w/ the oe turbo/intercooler, it comes on very quickly

Aero- I've fitted all the STi under aero bits- tranny cover, side cover and the rear diffuser (bolted on w/ the aid of the Cusco brace), STi aero guards

Interior- I have two 45mm Omori gauges- boost and EGT in oe rubber housings, both w/ matching red needles and green back lit like the stock gauges- this is a very "oe looking" setup, Prodrive floor mats, Prodrive shift knob, Schroth quick fit harness that snaps in/out in less then 30 seconds

the car exterior is in very good shape, as is the interior- this car is very (very) well maintained- my scheduled maintenance is very far ahead of Subaru's maintenance- probably not necessary, but it makes me feel better

I've probably rambled on enough :lol:, I'm looking for $15,000 for this very well sorted WRX wagon.

Last edited by Big Sky WRX; 08-25-2008 at 09:23 PM.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    oh dizzzam. Bump for an outstanding fellow.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

DUB
    dizzzam indeed.

Your wagon for 15Gs? If this was almost exactly 1 year ago when I was searching for my wagon I would have scooped that in a heartbeat!

GL with the sale.

I Support ClubWRX
    thanks gents won't be an easy car to let go- that is for certain

ETA on "Project Hatch Begins"?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

What kind of EM are you using?

I Support ClubWRX
    whoops- forgot that Ecutek tuned

JR- we'll see- depending on how proud the dealer's are of the 09- this would be my third WRX from the same dealership so I'm assuming they will treat me good (but you know about the saying about assuming )

In the middle of a corn field somewhere in Illinois

'09 for Bigsky

Haha I knew it. The moment you started posting about the '09s I knew you needed one.
    OBP 2005 Wrx - Big 16g

Finally I was ahead of BigSky, sold my wagon little over a month ago, thought I was gonna get a low mileage '06 with 2.5 l but it was sold just under me so I ended up with something else, something I've been wanting awhile but didt think I could afford. One of 2 cars I couldnt keep up with at Willow Springs, you know the saying..."if you cant beat them...

I Support ClubWRX
    Your car is awesome. I wish I had the funds for another WRX wagon.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Muwahahahhahah!!!
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Muwahahahhahah!!!
    Does that mean you bought it?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by integra96 View Post
    does that mean you bought it?
    +1

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Does that mean you bought it?
    Nope, just felt like I helped push him into an 09 .
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Nope, just felt like I helped push him into an 09 .
    I think realistically, it was like talking a fat kid into another piece of cake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.