Did you guys know this?

This is a discussion on Did you guys know this? within the VDC, VTC, and 4EAT forums, part of the Transmission & AWD category; If your vehicle is AWD (All-Wheel Drive) with an automatic transmission and the temporary spare tire has been installed, put ...

Did you guys know this?

If your vehicle is AWD (All-Wheel Drive) with an automatic transmission and the temporary spare tire has been installed, put a spare fuse (15 amp) inside the FWD (Front-Wheel Drive) fuse holder (refer to your owner's manual for location). Confirm that the Front-Wheel Drive (FWD) warning light comes on before you drive the car. Installation of this fuse deactivates AWD to prevent possible damage to the drivetrain components that can result due to the use of the smaller temporary spare tire. After re-installing the conventional tire, remove the fuse from the FWD fuse holder to restore AWD operation.

For more information on tires and temporary spare tire usage, always consult your Subaru owner's manual.
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's only for the 2.5RS, the WRX doesn't have this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by VitaminWRX
    That's only for the 2.5RS, the WRX doesn't have this feature.

PARTY POOPER

I know I thought I found a secret that NOBODY knew, damn
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

I wish they put in a fuse for RWD in our cars BTW, Cobb's upcoming AccessTCU may allow us to change our bias to 100% FWD, but not RWD

ero2,

That's is true! When I picked up my brand new 2004 WRX wagon in Feb., the Subaru salesman told me exactly what you said.

Jay

The salesman, eh?

Sorry man, but this is not true, unfortunatly. Do a search about it, it's been covered a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by VitaminWRX
    Sorry man, but this is not true, unfortunatly.

Sorry VitaminWRX but it is also in the manual

It's for the 2.5RS, it even says in the manual 'for non-turbo only.' If you don't believe me and SLOW4EAT, then buy the fuse and see for yourself.

"NOTE: (If your vehicle is AWD with automatic transmission, except Turbo models) Before driving your vehicle with the temporary spare tire, put a spare fuse inside the FWD connector in the main fuse box located in the engine compartment and confirm that the Front-wheel drive light "FWD" in the combination meter comes on. The all wheel drive capability of the vehicle has now deactivated. After re-installing the conventional tire, remove the spare fuse from the FWD connector in order to reactivate all wheel drive." (noirwrx03)
    Last edited by VitaminWRX; 09-24-2004 at 05:21 PM.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side up the bed. Are your claws still out? Yes, I'm wrong and your right.

rar!!! (bears teeth and claws)

I didn't think I came across as being offensive, but if you took it that way, then I apoligize.

PS I didn't copy that out of the manual, I found it off another post, so I wasn't like fuming, typing feveriously with the book on my lap bent on proving you wrong.