Article: 2013 Subaru BRZ tested at 0-60 in 7.3 seconds, 1/4 mile in 15.3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Article: 2013 Subaru BRZ tested at 0-60 in 7.3 seconds, 1/4 mile in 15.3 within the vBCms Comments forums, part of the category; Originally Posted by mangostick the car was built to carve corners.. a traditional balance sports car. Gutless or not its ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    the car was built to carve corners.. a traditional balance sports car. Gutless or not its still fun when you dont have to slow down for corners. In saying that though, I'm personally thinking that its a good thing you dont have to slow down because getting back up to speed might take a while.
    you slow down in a wrx to take corners? AWD is the beast around corners. I have the most fun in my WRX going down old country back roads so no the BRZ is rubbish based on what i have seen from it. and the turbo really helps the speed get back up just fine. i just see the BRZ as A 350 Z knock off but with less performance. maybe competition for Mazda miata's.
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationaryÖ thatís what gets you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lashak View Post
    you slow down in a wrx to take corners? AWD is the beast around corners. I have the most fun in my WRX going down old country back roads so no the BRZ is rubbish based on what i have seen from it. and the turbo really helps the speed get back up just fine. i just see the BRZ as A 350 Z knock off but with less performance. maybe competition for Mazda miata's.
    Have you driven a BRZ or even been in one? Why is everyone bashing the BRZ...it seems like there is alot of ignorance going on around here towards a car that no one has driven yet. My friend that works for subaru got to mess around one and he said the thing handles amazingly and funny thing is he is a wrx owner too.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/s...rive-2012-28-2
    Last edited by lytlec; 04-14-2012 at 04:31 AM.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Can't wait to see this thing at an autocross event.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Have you driven a BRZ or even been in one? Why is everyone bashing the BRZ...it seems like there is alot of ignorance going on around here towards a car that no one has driven yet. My friend that works for subaru got to mess around one and he said the thing handles amazingly and funny thing is he is a wrx owner too.

On the road: Subaru
    yea i love top gear as well however!

(Every so often in this business, you drive a car that lets you know in the first hundred yards or so that it's special -- that it's somehow greater than the sum of the numbers on its spec chart. The new Subaru BRZ is one of those cars." -- Motor Trend, December, 2011)

when you read this true it seems like they love the car.....and they do. but im sorry a car 'that's somehow greater than the sum of its numbers" my whole point is why buy this BRZ when you can get so much more for the same price. unless you want a slower car than can "turn" really well! and no i have not driven one yet but i also have a great friend who works for subaru and when it gets to the dealership ill be there with bells on to drive it and if i in any way change my feelings of it ill be the first to admit it deal?
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationaryÖ thatís what gets you.

first, everyone's definition of "rubbish" is different. I personally consider your post rubbish, but that doesn't mean diddly squat now does it?

No, I dont slow down for corners, but I also had to work the suspension on my lil piggy of a wrx to get it to cut a corner without pushing its nose all over the place.

As I mentioned in another thread, until you drive a purpose built RWD sports car you really have no Idea what the aim was for this car or how it will accomplish it.

I guess you guys will just have to learn for yourselves. I'm pretty sure this little car will be an autox beast even on factory tires let alone a good set of race tires.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

All this "BRZ is too slow!" and "why buy a BRZ when the WRX has more power and AWD" talk is starting to make my freakin head spin.

THE BRZ WAS NOT BUILT TO BE A GODDAMN WRX!!! IT WAS BUILT TO BE WHAT IT IS: a low center of gravity RWD sporty coupe. I'd say they succeeded quite successfully. It was built to be something completely different than a WRX or anything AWD.

This ignorant fanboi stuff has got to go. Yes the WRX is awesome, otherwise we wouldn't be here. But damn, that doesn't mean any other car can't be awesome as well if it doesn't have AWD and a Turbo...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    you slow down in a wrx to take corners? .
    I slow down for many corners. Depends on my approach speed, and the nature of the corner. Be careful...overconfidence has put many a driver in a ditch, AWD or not. There's a reason why WRX insurance is on the high side for a sporty econobox.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I slow down for many corners. Depends on my approach speed, and the nature of the corner. Be careful...overconfidence has put many a driver in a ditch, AWD or not. There's a reason why WRX insurance is on the high side for a sporty econobox.
    +1.

The AWD is only actually working when you are accelerating. It does not help you one bit when braking, coasting, or otherwise. AWD only works when you are on the gas.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

^ wheels that are spinning or stopped have lost all directional control.

Another thing to mention about awd and corners, if all wheels are under power as the vehicle traverses a corner..(through and exit) what happens to your front drive wheels? .. They scrub and fight with the rear because they're all still attempting to travel at the same speed when the situation the vehicle is in demands that inside wheels slow and outside wheels speed up.. modern differentials mitigate this for the most part but the problem still exists.

in a RWD car your front wheels WILL grip better ENTERING and DURING and EXITING a turn because they are free to speed/slow/change direction and maintain traction while doing those things .. this means higher entry speed and better cornering ability. Tires only do one thing good at a time. Go/Stop/Turn. If you're trying to go and turn or stop and turn at same time you diminish the tires ability to stick. Last I checked.. awd is making all wheels go or all wheels slow at the same time all the time regardless of what directional changes the driver might be attempting

Not the ultimate setup for really tearing up the turns on high traction surfaces now is it? Low traction is another story but if we got into that we'd be getting off topic.

This is why the beloved STI wont pull more than .8G or so on the skid pad in factory condition while a factory mushtang that out weighs it by 3-400lbs will easily pull close to 1G on same skidpad/conditions with same if not narrower tires.

The brz and wrx (or variants there of) ... not same, wont be same.. cannot compare as if same. Even if cost is close to same.. that's like saying you paid $1 for a running shoe and $1 for a flipflop and expecting the two to compare... they do different jobs with different purposes intended.

We can compare the brz accurately to the miata, s2k and possibly the hyundai Genesis coupe. That's it folks.. plain and simple.
    Last edited by mangostick; 04-20-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    All this "BRZ is too slow!" and "why buy a BRZ when the WRX has more power and AWD" talk is starting to make my freakin head spin.

THE BRZ WAS NOT BUILT TO BE A GODDAMN WRX!!! IT WAS BUILT TO BE WHAT IT IS: a low center of gravity RWD sporty coupe. I'd say they succeeded quite successfully. It was built to be something completely different than a WRX or anything AWD.

This ignorant fanboi stuff has got to go. Yes the WRX is awesome, otherwise we wouldn't be here. But damn, that doesn't mean any other car can't be awesome as well if it doesn't have AWD and a Turbo...
    Agreed..
    Its a totally reinvented platform.
    What would all you dislikers be saying if the U.S.A would still only be receiving non-turbo models impreza's.. actually 90% of you, probably wouldn't even own a subaru. If we haven't had the WRX/STI models the last 9-11 years, you guys would be all over this. a $20,000 sport coupe..! Tell me i'm wrong...?
    Personally... The BRZ is too much coin for the US water downed version. The interior... is so cheap looking, its ridiculous! The wheels are toyota design.., (hideous) 'nuff said there. Why does the U.S. get the left over interior trims.. I just don't get it.
    I love subaru, I really do... (since 95').. they should have spent the coin on marketing the Legacy GT towards younger folk, offering better trim levels on all models and bringing the diesels over to the U.S., then ever putting funds in the BRZ. Especially, when its sister model is a SCION!! Not even a TOYOTA branded model (now that's a crappy comparison)... You get more trim options w/ the scion and just a GPS w/ the BRZ. **Sigh**
    Again, its My opinion... and another opinion,... neither version will sell at the manufacturers expectations.
    I just hope they improve on its qualities... they got the handling down, pretty well.
    Last edited by Krylon; 04-19-2012 at 09:27 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have one word to say: "R X 8"

This car screams down the same alley as the RX-8. It's a very handling driven car, with no power. That's great you can handle around a corner, but when you can't accelerate to exit the corner... then we have a problem
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Do people really think anything Scion is that bad? I mean I haven't seen the FR-S version in person at all, but I know my sister's 2009 TC has a pretty nice and solid interior. No rattles, not cheap, solid feel, etc. It's a pretty reliable car as well...no issues and runs like a tank. Would the FR-S not follow suit?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I have one word to say: "R X 8"

This car screams down the same alley as the RX-8. It's a very handling driven car, with no power. That's great you can handle around a corner, but when you can't accelerate to exit the corner... then we have a problem
    To you, it's a big problem. It may be for me, as well. We are the 1%.
    To the other 99%, the "Occupy Normally-Powered Cars" movment, not a problem. My sister thought that her RX-8 was a rocket. I never took the trouble to contradict her.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    To you, it's a big problem. It may be for me, as well. We are the 1%.
    To the other 99%, the "Occupy Normally-Powered Cars" movment, not a problem. My sister thought that her RX-8 was a rocket. I never took the trouble to contradict her.
    Yeah my sister thinks her TC is fast...and her BF thinks that his 97 Civic DX is fast

Quote Originally Posted by Krylon View Post
    The BRZ is too much coin for the US water downed version.
    uhm.. its the only version. world wide, unless you know something we dont...

The interior... is so cheap looking, its ridiculous!
    .. have you been in one? I have, there interior is actually very nice. Its a far cry better than any of the current subaru offerings.
    The wheels are toyota design.., (hideous) 'nuff said there.
    yeah they are pretty fugly.. but that's easily changed.

Why does the U.S. get the left over interior trims.. I just don't get it.
    Again, what other trims are there? As asked.. do you know something the rest of the world doesn't? It has alacantra/leather throughout, padded dash and door panels and is very very comfortable (for a guy average size/height).

they should have spent the coin on offering better trim levels on all models and bringing the diesels over to the U.S.
    Couldn't agree more.. but the problem there is that better interiors raise prices we pay, and the latter even though I'm a huge oil burner fan.. they just dont sell well here so its not worth the investment on part of the oem.

then ever putting funds in the BRZ. Especially, when its sister model is a SCION!! Not even a TOYOTA branded model (now that's a crappy comparison)... You get more trim options w/ the scion and just a GPS w/ the BRZ. **Sigh**
    I think you've got this backwards.. The scion has/is a base car.. and definitely has the crappier interior bits. The subaru offering has only premium and limited versions with full leather, heated seats.. etc.

page 8 I posted pics of one outside/inside and sitting in it. I've seen, I'm not speculating about the interiors.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12