Purchasing Tips - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Purchasing Tips within the Tutorials & DIY forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Would this work for an sti, getting below msrp and negotiating a better price?...

lwp
    Would this work for an sti, getting below msrp and negotiating a better price?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by lwp
    Would this work for an sti, getting below msrp and negotiating a better price?
    i doubt you will be able to get an sti for much less than 30k

That is the cheapest i have seen one anywhere.

lwp
    I was wishing for 30k with freight and taxes.

I believe you can get that if color choice isnt too important to you, but if you got to van bortel subaru in victor NY you can almost definitely get that. www.vanbortelsubaru.com i have seen this dealership all ofer the internet for have some of the best deals around on the wrx and they seem to have alot of sti's wish i could afford one but im just gonna have to settle for the wrx in august and mod it over time.
    Last edited by bhg469; 06-04-2004 at 01:59 PM.

Bump for more people to read this.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Cool

Keep on Bumping. Great Post guys. Hope it works with used cars
    "He must have made that before he died."
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    "No one goes there nowadays, it's too crowded."

Yogi Bera

I just recently orderd a report from consumer reports, They will give you alot of pricin info on the car. They reveal the dealer holdback for every vehicle too. It was $12 but on the purchase of a new car it can save you a ton, i was quoted as high as 37,000 as soon as showed the sales guy that he came right down to 30,700.

just to add.... i got my 04 WRX from South Coast Subaru...

the guy was pretty good at what he did, and i can tell didn't want to budge from the asking price, but what eventually happened is...
    i got my 04 WRX with
    -spoiler
    -factory alarm
    -air filtration system* i thought this was a joke.... but whatever*
    MSRP was close to 26k
    and then i asked for 3000 off, plus 750 off (dealer rebate)... then a couple more hundred off....

.... so basically i took it home for 21,760 before taxes and licensing, which the dealer said ws actually "losing money" because it was like 70 dollars below invoice price, i think they're full of *#(...hahaha well that's my .02

Quote Originally Posted by Drew303
    no, i wasnt saying that not paying sticker is disturbing. i think the post about "playing games with the car salesman" is whats disturbing. anybody will sell a WRX (not STi) for invoice, at least my dealership will.
    Irvine sells Sti's for invoice all the time!
    05 4EAT WRX Wagon

In Nevada they always hit "new" cars up with extra fees... Like "Desert Protection Package" which is nothing more than a WAX job. But they charge $2995.00 on new cars for this saying its a special coating of paint put on at the factory and it carries a 5 year warranty, doesn't the standard warranty cover paint for 5 years? And on used cars they try to add the "desert protection package" again. I asked them about what if the car is only 2 years old... doesn't it still have the 5 year package on it and they were like...duh... Complete BS. I asked 3 salesman at the dealership and they all gave me different answers to what it was and where it was applied. Also i have seen PRICE MARK-UP! in NV when Xterra's first came out all the dealers were putting "Nevada Surcharge" on the vehicles for $4500 extra!!!! Dealerships out here LIE, LIE, LIE!!! They were so bad here that I bought a WRX from Irvine Subaru in California just because I got the best deal from them. And the treated me like a person and not an ATM.
    05 4EAT WRX Wagon

holy back from the dead batman!

i wrote this thread right after i bought betty, 3.5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex
    holy back from the dead batman!

i wrote this thread right after i bought betty, 3.5 years ago.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents
    05 4EAT WRX Wagon

hmm strange...after asking two dealers for quotes, they seem to be somewhat comfortable in selling a CGM rex with spoiler @ invoice...both of them. They were Timmons Subaru and Renick. Renick even offered 1250 cash back / 1.9% financing for 36..

when u guys said don't go more than a couple over invoice...did you mean that back then they wouldn't offer to sell em at invoice? i'm utterly and uberly smacked.

jonathan
    Don't forget the times you've had, the miracles you've witnessed. They are meant to stay. They are the most precious times you will have in this life, while on this earth, until we meet HIm up above.
    '

and if those people who responded to my emails with quotes are here: no i'm not being that unserious about buying..our family needs a new car ..(97 ford and 94 mazda) and a wrx would be ok for a new car, wouldn't it now?
    nice smilies.
    Don't forget the times you've had, the miracles you've witnessed. They are meant to stay. They are the most precious times you will have in this life, while on this earth, until we meet HIm up above.
    '

when i wrote this thread, people weere paying thousands over invoice, b/c the car was brand new to the states, and still hard to find.

betty was one of the original 10,000 shipped to the US. what then, subaru was still calling their test batch.

dR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.