Hello clubwrx, long time reader first time poster. I just got my car re-tuned last weekend and i lost 10 hp, the only answer my tuner could come up with was that my boost temp was higher by 20 degrees than my last tune (in august) even though it is much cooler out now. I have a hybrid (sti block, wrx head) and it since the day i bought it almost 6 years ago it has had ridiculous heat soaking issues. to finally see the numbers on a dyno sheet to back this up really chapped my ass. So i began to search for routes to put in an intercooler sprayer. I found lots of ghetto rigs and lot of people saying to just buy the stock one for 200 dollars+.
I got around to thinking about, the other day I had taken the washer fluid bottle off my forester to get to the spark plugs and remembered noticing that it had two washer fluid pumps set up (different than my wrx). I wondered what was stopping me from using a washer bottle from a forester in my wrx and running the "rear" pump to the intercooler and activating it by twisting the rear washer fluid stalk. I searched high and low on the forums to see if any one had attempted this and of course i found many posts similar but i wanted to go about it a little differently then a lot of the posts i read.
First i stopped over by a buddies shop to grab the bottle with both pumps, as well as the right stalk off the a forester which has the rear washer switch (my wrx one did not)
Second i popped the hood and pulled the battery out so i could see what i was working with. To my surprise there actually was a connector hanging that was meant for a rear washer fluid pump (this connector was heat shrunk together with the one that was in use on my stock washer fluid bottle). Now I don't know if this is on every impreza, every wrx, or just mine because some random wiring harness got used during the build (previous owner). If this is not in your car i suggest using a fuse jumper to wire the pump in on the fuse box which is directly next to the washer fluid bottle.
As you can see from the second picture it was absolutely clogged with oil grime, so i just went ahead and snipped it off and did a terrible solder, but a great taping job on the one that was luckily attached to the rear pump on the washer bottle.
Now comes the part that gets a little dicey, but hopefully works out in the end. Using an assortment of tools i began to split the washer fluid bottle. The main work horse in this process was a cutting wheel on the dremel, However at times i had to heat a exacto knife with a torch and finish cuts the dremel couldn't and the knife wasn't sharp enough to do on its own. it was actually a little easier than i thought it was going to be.
After getting the two halves separated I laid one half down on top of plastic drawer i had sitting in my garage and used a sharpie to do a ROUGH outline. Which i quickly breezed through cutting out with the dremel.