Success! on retained window power for 2015-
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Success! on retained window power for 2015- within the Tutorials & DIY forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just completed wiring up my 2015 for retained window power where I can stop, turn the car off and ...

Success! on retained window power for 2015-

I just completed wiring up my 2015 for retained window power where I can stop, turn the car off and have time to put up or down the windows before the relay cuts power to them. In the broader car world this called Retained Accessory Power (RAP.) I used one Beuler time-delay relay and one diode. I cut the green wire between the ign switch and the power window relay. The following is a list of connections:

86 (coil voltage in) -- to cut green wire going back to ign switch -- diode is inline here between coil in and switch wire
    85 (coil out) -- ground
    87 (relay contact out) -- to cut green wire going to power window relay
    30 (relay contact in) -- always hot contact inside MB (fuse box under hood)

With the Beuler time-delay relay I can set the time for how long I want to maintain power. I set mine at 35-40 seconds. It works. I have seen other posts about this but none that say they actually implemented it and got it to work. Mine is done and working. I will add a diagram later when I get a chance in case anyone else wants to do this. But be warned it took a while and you have to be persistent to get it done right. I did it over a couple weeks working a little bit each night and a couple Saturdays a little. Actually hooking up the wires is not hard; it is finding the right wires in the car, finding a ground point, actually running a whole new hot wire from under the hood to near the cabin fuse box in my case (quite a chore and this is where I had most of the front fender off but found I only needed to remove the plastic wheel well liner later,) that takes time. So while I will post a diagram, I will not go into the specifics of where I connected everything on the car unless someone really honestly plans to do this. And if you do, you may have to message me as I may not look back at this post; getting forgetful.

Life is good now..........
    "Hey man there's only one thing
    And one car that will do"
    And its a WRX Subaru

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Cool, glad you figured it out.... but I think I'm ok with just using the window switch before I turn the car off.
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

diagram

Connections
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rap_windows_diagram.jpg  
    And its a WRX Subaru

subbed good info!

pics

Not sure these will help too much but......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slide1.JPG   Slide2.JPG  
    And its a WRX Subaru

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.