Free Mods!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Free Mods!!! within the Tutorials & DIY forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have recently purchased a 03 wrx wagon and have wanted to start modding it are there any free or ...

Free Mods!!!

I have recently purchased a 03 wrx wagon and have wanted to start modding it are there any free or relatively cheap mods to do it . It can be anything from visual to performance just thought free is always better so why not share tips of mods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do not go cheap
    Stinkeye member 520

I'm not saying go cheap but like a intake resonater delete is cheap and almost free and some people think it's great. . Cheap doesn't always mean terrible

I Support ClubWRX
    Then that's about all you can do.
    Any aesthetic mods besides a cheap lip are going to show their worth. Especially performance parts.
    That being said you can find cheaper parts but stick with a good brand, and not ebay brands
    Stinkeye member 520

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you want free/cheap and want to keep your car reliable you chose the wrong car. That being said, a catback and lip from ebay are pretty much the only things you can do to these cars that isn't going to run into a performance issue unless tuned, or need professionally painted.

EDIT:
    LOL, this post got negative rep for "not true", someone needs to go back to NASIOC.
    Last edited by irickchad; 01-18-2015 at 08:49 PM.

Intercooler tilt mod, "koji" style headlights/ painted bezels, resonator delete, clear or blacked out side markers, DIY mudflaps, debage the rear, paint the front logo, make your own shifter boot, up-pipe cat delete (highly recommended), There are a lot of cheap or free things you can do to personalize your car. Nasioc has many posted there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WagonRallyingXc View Post
    I have recently purchased a 03 wrx wagon and have wanted to start modding it are there any free or relatively cheap mods to do it . It can be anything from visual to performance just thought free is always better so why not share tips of mods.
    - Intake resonator delete
    - Debadge the trunk
    - Plasti-dip wheels/other accessories
    - Tinting is fairly inexpensive
    - Downpipe is fairly inexpensive (especially if bought used)
    - Tactrix cable for opensource tune (relatively inexpensive tuning option - must have computer)

Also, anything listed here --->Pay It Forward Thread

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Weight reduction.. it can be free, and improves nearly every aspect of performance.

If I were you, Id pick up a catless uppipe first. Even new they are relatively cheap, and should always be the first preventative maintenance mod done on a basically stock 02-05 wrx.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Protuned by IAG --- 315.14whp and 337.27wtrq
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Weight Reduction is the way to go

2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    plasti-dip

de-badge

take out rear seats and spare tire and all the extra crap in the car

used accessport

get great rubber and solid fluid

Contributes Nothing ShiftingLanes's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Front lip. Protect that bumper.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    If you want free/cheap and want to keep your car reliable you chose the wrong car. That being said, a catback and lip from ebay are pretty much the only things you can do to these cars that isn't going to run into a performance issue unless tuned, or need professionally painted.
    I wasn't the one that downranked you, but your statements aren't true, especially for a bugeye. You can in fact install a full turboback on a bugeye without a tune, although you won't get any real performance gains until it is tuned. The bugeye is unique among USDM WRXs in this regard.

You can also install a catless uppipe (or gut the stock one for free) without a tune. Silicon inlets/intercooler hoses are recommended as the stock plastic parts age and crack, no tune needed for those either. There are many engine-specific things you can do which don't require tuning.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    just watched that video... those two dudes went balls deep...

haha I don't think you can be allowed to drive your car on the street since we have all these safety regulations...

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ^You should see their other videos lol...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.