2011 WRX ECU remove
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX ECU remove within the Tutorials & DIY forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi everyone, I am not sure if this question has been solved ever. However, I was having hard time to ...

2011 WRX ECU remove

Hi everyone,
    I am not sure if this question has been solved ever.
    However, I was having hard time to find an answer even on Google.
    Does anyone has step by step how to remove the ECU from 11' WRX?
    thanks
    "Dream big because you'll never be bigger than your dream"
    2011WRX@SoCal

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yours is confirmed dead? cant see any reason to remove it except for replacing it with a stand alone computer....mwuhahahahah racekor. but no really. why remove the ecu. its not hard but you always risk bricking the damm thing messing with it. thats a expensive oops!
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Long story.
    My WRX has been recalled.
    DMV won't allow me to renew my registration without dealership prove a poof of my WRX's ECU fixed.
    I ve flash different map with AP recently.
    THe wrost part is, I LOST my AP device....
    I called CobbTuning, they gave me few options, 1. buy another AP (out of my budget now). 2. Borrow someone's AP, 3. send Cobb my ECU and let them reset for me.
    The last option cost under 50... i guess i should go ahead and remove the ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    yours is confirmed dead? cant see any reason to remove it except for replacing it with a stand alone computer....mwuhahahahah racekor. but no really. why remove the ecu. its not hard but you always risk bricking the damm thing messing with it. thats a expensive oops!
    2011WRX@SoCal

Holy crap what a mess. Yaya I'd let Cobb reset for me and teat the hell out of my house looking for that AP!
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

Really? So i am not alone~
    isn't the ECU located under passenger's carpet?
    Anything i need to be awared of when I start removing it?
    2011WRX@SoCal

Yup. Battery cables off and make sure to tap the brakes to drain the rest and you should be good.
    Rob

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.