help with cobb short shift kit install

This is a discussion on help with cobb short shift kit install within the Tutorials & DIY forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay guys so I purchased a Cobb double adjustable short shift kit and a new nob and after waiting almost ...

help with cobb short shift kit install

Okay guys so I purchased a Cobb double adjustable short shift kit and a new nob and after waiting almost two weeks for them to come in they were finally at my door today. I eagerly started the install thinking it would be very simple with maybe a few minor tweeks. After pulling the old shift lever out I realized that the shift link (the fork looking thing that goes from the tranny to the shift lever) had a gap much smaller than the new short shift lever required. I double checked part numbers and its the right part for my car. I tried to pry the link apart with some success but even after getting it to where the new lever would fit in the holes didn't line up and it was a big mess. Ended up putting the old one back in and giving up for now :/ Any suggestions would be appreciated or anyone who's had a similar problem??? Cars a 2005 wrx. Just trying to add to the many tasteful mods but it seems everything has one thing or the other go wrong!! Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions or horror storries on shift kit installs! :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nobody??

I Support ClubWRX
    I know Cobb sells 3 different DA Short Shifters. One is a "tall" version, one is for cars that didn't come with the factory short shift kit, and one for cars that did come with the factory short shift kit.

So which did you get, and did your car come with a factory short shifter?

From reading this, sounds like you bought the opposite of what you needed.

Subaru Double Adjustable Short Throw Shifter

Subaru Double Adjustable Short Throw Shifter
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

wow.... I feel reallly dumb now. Well thanks for pointing that out atleast i know now. Kinda sucks cuz I scratched the lever a bit trying to install it and the site I got it from only does returns on brand new condition unopened stuff...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by alex1992 View Post
    wow.... I feel reallly dumb now. Well thanks for pointing that out atleast i know now. Kinda sucks cuz I scratched the lever a bit trying to install it and the site I got it from only does returns on brand new condition unopened stuff...
    Try the classifieds here or craigslist.

Why didn't you buy it straight from Cobb?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE