whats the best way to jack up my 2012 sti
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on whats the best way to jack up my 2012 sti within the Tutorials & DIY forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This has probably been covered somewhere on here but I can't find it. My computer is down and I'm using ...

whats the best way to jack up my 2012 sti

This has probably been covered somewhere on here but I can't find it. My computer is down and I'm using my phone. Here's my question...I'm putting a new catback on my my sti 2mro and was wondering the best way to jack it up in the rear. I'm guessing the differential but I'm not trying to **** something up. Any advice would be great! Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you use the rear diff, consider using a piece of wood so as not to mar the finish. Then use the regular jacking points on each side for your jack stands.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Ramps or jack stands for the front? Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    In the front, on the earlier models there was a central jacking plate bolted to the middle of the sub frame just aft of the sump. See if that's still there; it's a piece of metal maybe 15cmX15cm or so. I have an earlier model, but I use that central jacking point, then rest the car on jack stand situated at the "normal" jacking points on each side.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks man! I will take a look , I appreciate the advice.

I Support ClubWRX
    OK great. Be safe! Jack stands, always!

I Support ClubWRX
    I know people say it's not the best way to do it, but I use four jack stands at each of the points on that are designed for the stock jack (for if you get a flat). I use a 2 ton aluminum pump jack.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9420.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	110165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9417.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	110166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9418.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	110167

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes I've done that on my earlier car many times. I always use jack stands and won't get under a car that's not on stands, ramps, etc.

I Support ClubWRX
    Looking at those pictures I posted makes me feel kinda sad about the damage that all the salt they pour on the roads up here does to the car!

This may sound stupid but what's the sump?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by britt.johnny5 View Post
    This may sound stupid but what's the sump?
    Sorry, saw your screen name and thought I was being clearer rather than the opposite. The sump is the oil pan. There should be a jacking plate just behind the oil pan. If there is not a clear-cut, no-questions, I AM A JACKING PLATE!!! piece back there, do not jack up the car from that area!

Lol. Gotcha ya. Thanks again. This is the first car I ever gave a **** about so I want to do everything the right .ay. Next is the dp !

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Looking at those pictures I posted makes me feel kinda sad about the damage that all the salt they pour on the roads up here does to the car!
    very true... but what's the fun without driving in the snow?!

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe everyone could drive a wrx or sti and then they wouldn't need the salt anymore!

Jobs done. went smooth with little effort. the only thing was the flang fitment from the dp the the cobb catback seemed a little off. putting on the new dp next weekend and flashing the stage 2 map. thanks for the jacking advice!
    Last edited by britt.johnny5; 12-08-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast