Need electrical info on 2010 WRX.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need electrical info on 2010 WRX. within the Tutorials & DIY forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When I buy my 2010 WRX, I will be adding emergency lights to it as I am a volunteer member ...

Need electrical info on 2010 WRX.

When I buy my 2010 WRX, I will be adding emergency lights to it as I am a volunteer member of my ambulance company as a driver.

The lights CAN be used with the cigarette lighter, but they aren't as bright. Instead, I plan to wire them right to the battery. The question is, I wanted to know the output of the alternator as well as where a good access point in the firewall can be found.
    Production Assistant located at DRIVE, working on Fast Lane Daily on YouTube
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE
    www.YouTube.com/FastLaneDaily

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not sure the output of the alternator. On older models, there are two grommets in the firewall; one near the BPV, one near the downpipe. I run my boost gauge lines through the one near the BPV, and my amplifier wire through the one by the downpipe.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Oh ok, sounds good. Yeah I guess I could ask Subaru about the alternator. Probably 120V or something, who knows.
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE

FMS

On the 2010 you have three access points through the firewall.

1. Near the BPV top left of the master cylinder.

2. There is the one near the downpipe.

3. Then you can go through the drivers side fender which I find the most easy route for the 2010. If you get in the car and look up under the dash on the drivers side on the left kick panel near your clutch foot rest you will find a BIG 3 port rubber grommet with a large wire loom running in the middle. You however can go through either of the other ports and that will dump you out on the back side of the inner wheel well. Just pop the plastic inner wheel well off shortly and your good to go. You can run up the fender to the battery directly or to the grill very easy this way. You do have some OEM wires running in the wheel well and you can zip tie your new wires to them.

Hope that helps.
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

Yes it does. I have a good idea where it is now. Thanks!
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.