hi, i'm new to this forum, i just bought a wrx wagon 2004 with 134,xxx miles on it
this is going to be my first tutorial, so give me feedback**
problem: everytime i enter my car and pull my seat belt, i hear a very anoying hissing like sound. It does for the driver and passenger seat belt only.
target: 02~07 imprezas? they all have the same or similar trims
level of difficulty: easy
tools needed: a cutter, and a fork ((trim tool) optional)
pictures are token for the passenger side
1. open both front passenger and rear passenger doors
2. start removing the rubber that cover the edge of the doors
3. unclip the bottom trim of both doors with the *fork* or simply pull them with your hand
the front passenger bottom trim is holded with 3 clips and 2 pins (no need to completely removing them)
4. now remove the last pin located around the middle of the rear passenger door that hold the trim in place. (no picture)
5. remove the trim!
6. put the trim on some cloth to avoid scratching it and the hissing noise is made from the friction of the seat belt to the 3 rear tablets. So use your cutter and start cutting them off (don't hurt yourself* be careful using the cutter)
7. reinstall everything backward and for the bottom trim of each door make sure the clip are aligned with the hole. those are really fragile, so make sure the seat well before clipping them or else you'll need a new one
thanks for reading and give me feedbacks!