2012 Stock Stereo Connections

This is a discussion on 2012 Stock Stereo Connections within the Tutorials & DIY forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 2012 WRX hatchback is on order so my mind has been racing. I know that the stereo is supposed ...

Question 2012 Stock Stereo Connections

My 2012 WRX hatchback is on order so my mind has been racing. I know that the stereo is supposed to be horrible, so I'm trying to figure out what to do about it easily.

What connections are on the back of the stock head unit? Any pre-outs for an amp? And has wiring already been ran to some location in the car for the subwoofer connections or do I need to run the cables all myself?

Thanx in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey etnpnys,

Did you ever check out your stereo? If so, was pulling the head unit out very complex? I've been thinking about adding a sub myself.

Thanks,
    Brian

Here is a video that me and a friend made to show how the get the radio out.
    08+ WRX/STi How to Uninstall/Reinstall Dash - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by gpgt90 View Post
    Hey etnpnys,

Did you ever check out your stereo? If so, was pulling the head unit out very complex? I've been thinking about adding a sub myself.

Thanks,
    Brian
    I haven't yet. I'm not an audiophile but I find the sound to be pretty good as long as I'm not listening to one of the built-in tuners. Stick with Bluetooth or iPod and you should be much happier with the quality.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula