WRX's for the general noob.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX's for the general noob. within the Tutorials & DIY forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright, I know as soon as this gets posted i will have every experienced subie owner degrading me for asking ...

WRX's for the general noob.

Alright, I know as soon as this gets posted i will have every experienced subie owner degrading me for asking this question but i think its one that has really never been explained well anywhere on the internet, Alright lets pretend i have never driven stick shift and i have never herd of drifting, slipping the clutch killing the clutch or anything. Please explain to me how to efficiently drive the WRX well and how to get the most power and the most fun out of it. Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Fun for you won't be the same as fun for me. What exactly are you looking to do?

For the "most power", you'll want to look at a dyno plot.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ryno View Post
    Alright, I know as soon as this gets posted i will have every experienced subie owner degrading me for asking this question but i think its one that has really never been explained well anywhere on the internet, Alright lets pretend i have never driven stick shift and i have never herd of drifting, slipping the clutch killing the clutch or anything. Please explain to me how to efficiently drive the WRX well and how to get the most power and the most fun out of it. Thank you
    Light is right. Use all the road but no more, use all the revs but no more.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Well, alright this is how i drive my 115 hp mazda pickup, i peel out around coners floor it everywhere, im safe and only when there is no one around but i like to "feel" the power and i like to get sideways.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, alright this is how i drive my 115 hp mazda pickup, i peel out around coners floor it everywhere, im safe and only when there is no one around but i like to "feel" the power and i like to get sideways.
    Sorry but what's the question then?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

When you buy your WRX go here...I would if I had some extra cash!

SCCA - Sports Car Club of America
    Last edited by lytlec; 08-22-2011 at 04:05 PM.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Then you need a different car other than a WRX... and you should wait until you get out of high school.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Then you need a different car other than a WRX... and you should wait until you get out of high school.
    ^this.
    I drove a Chevy Cavalier until recently, i had fun with it for sure. I modded the crap out of it and learned alot in the process but it was still slow. but that meant i could drive the junk off it and still not really be speeding that much. it was fun.
    that is the type of car you need young jedi. Now that i have my WRX and im much older/wiser i can see this is an adult car, responsibility needs to be taken into account when you have a turbo and lots of power potential under your hood.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.