Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Big 2011/2012 Mod thread

390K views 256 replies 84 participants last post by  CLA2 
#1 · (Edited)
I have decided to contribute to my useless existence on the forum by compiling some of the stuff I found out there,including from other forums,that might me helpful to the many new 2011 & 2012 owners/members of the forum.

You can find almost anything about mods on this famous thread from another forum.Thank you Mr. Unabomber http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787&highlight=manifesto

For anybody who needs the service manual (thank you Mangostick) http://www.daviswoody.com/2009SubaruImprezaServiceManual.pdf

Some common questions that already have threads

Mileage thread http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/every...ilage-you-actually-getting-your-2011-wrx.html

Please feel free to contribute.

***Disclaimer:I am not responsible for anything you break on your car or any warranty claim denials

See less See more
#163 ·
I meant ads as in additions to the list, just a suggestion to have them localized in one easy to see place (1 page). But I will adjust settings as you said.

#183 ·
Hi, I'm new here and also new to the world of Subaru. There is one thing that just bothers me when I look at the WRX engine bay, it's that black plastic(correct me if I'm wrong) intake manifold. Is it too much of a hassle or can I just replace it with the STI's red forged(correct me again) intake manifold?

#184 ·
You can use a STi intake manifold but you would also need the STi TMIC ( or a FMIC ), a STi turbo ( because the wrx trubo has a bolt on flange but if you use a FMIC you wouldn't need to change the turbo ) and a STi BPV ( also you could get away with not needing this if you go with a FMIC ).

#187 ·
I'm sure this has been brought up before so delete if need-be. :wiggles:

On my '12 wrx, the fog lights don't turn on with the marker lights, they only turn on when the headlights are turned on. This annoyed me so I ran a wire from the driver side marker light (constant) to the fog lights (power). So when I turn my marker lights on my fog lights are on as well. And I use them as my day time running lights.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Headlamp

#191 ·
I'm sure this has been brought up before so delete if need-be. :wiggles:

On my '12 wrx, the fog lights don't turn on with the marker lights, they only turn on when the headlights are turned on. This annoyed me so I ran a wire from the driver side marker light (constant) to the fog lights (power). So when I turn my marker lights on my fog lights are on as well. And I use them as my day time running lights.
Can you elaborate with pics please? thxnx

#192 · (Edited)

Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

I installed hella horns ( that's what the relay is ) but the blue wire going to the connector is the wire I installed. I ran a wire from the marker light to the fog light. And unplugged the day time running lights. So now when I turn the parking lights on my fogs are on. And when I turn the car off with the lights still on, they automatically turn off.

Attachments

#194 ·
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/30/sydyry7a.jpg
View attachment 110678

I installed hella horns ( that's what the relay is ) but the blue wire going to the connector is the wire I installed. I ran a wire from the marker light to the fog light. And unplugged the day time running lights. So now when I turn the parking lights on my fogs are on. And when I turn the car off with the lights still on, they automatically turn off.
Any more pics of the fog rewire? I am looking to do this on my 13 STI.

#196 ·
Wow this thread is amazing!

I don't suppose anyone has found a tutorial/video on how to remove the rear shelf and fit an STi eye-level brake light in the normal WRX? Obviously if you put an STi wing on your normal WRX, you need to install an eye-level brake light in the rear shelf for it to be legal (In Australia anyway :p) so a guide to taking out the rear shelf would be awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.