The Big 2011/2012 Mod thread - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Big 2011/2012 Mod thread within the Tutorials & DIY forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by katzuu I saw the suggestions for a front bumper earlier on page 1 i think it was.. ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by katzuu View Post
    I saw the suggestions for a front bumper earlier on page 1 i think it was.. So just checking: Is the 2011 WRX and STI front bumper the same? It looks identical to me.. haha.
    Yes , they are the same.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This thread is awesome! Oh yeah I was the one doing the work in the clutch install video it cool that it made it into this thread. Me and my buddy have alot of install videos on you tube just look up blueangelwrx.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    This thread is awesome! Oh yeah I was the one doing the work in the clutch install video it cool that it made it into this thread. Me and my buddy have alot of install videos on you tube just look up blueangelwrx.
    Lol,I didn't know that.I thought I heard the blueangelwrx name somewhere.I now realize its the guy who posted pics of his car with a model.

I will promptly add credits.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    For those of you who want to do this

Thank you sjcurtis & BlueAngelWrx
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    For those of you who want to do this

Thank you sjcurtis & BlueAngelWrx

Nice Video
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Awesome thread! Thanks for the link!

I Support ClubWRX
    GrimmSpeed master cylinder brace install

Last edited by rage-wrx; 09-06-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Dry CF side vents

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Strut Tower Brace Install

Last edited by rage-wrx; 11-01-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    For those of you who want to disable Hill assist,it can be done in an STI but not in a WRX.The instructions are in the manual.

To activate/deactivate the Hill start assist system (STI only***)

CAUTION
    While the Hill start assist system is deactivated, when starting on an uphill grade, braking power is not maintained if the brake pedal is released. Start on an uphill grade by using the parking brake. You can activate/deactivate the Hill start assist system according to the following procedure.

! To deactivate
    1. Stop your vehicle in a flat and safe place and apply the parking brake.
    2. Turn off the engine.
    3. Restart the engine.
    4. Confirm the following items.
    . The ABS warning light turns off.
    . The Vehicle Dynamics Control OFF indicator light turns off.
    . The Brake system warning light illuminates.
    5. Press the Vehicle Dynamics Control mode switch and hold it until the Vehicle Dynamics Control OFF indicator light turns off. The Vehicle Dynamics Control OFF indicator light will illuminate in green, change to yellow, remain illuminated in yellow for several seconds and then turn off.
    6. Within 5 seconds after the Vehicle Dynamics Control OFF indicator light turns off, release the Vehicle Dynamics Control mode switch.
    7. Within 2 seconds after releasing the Vehicle Dynamics Control mode switch, press the Vehicle Dynamics Control mode switch once again. Then the Hill start assist OFF indicator light illuminates.
    8. Turn off the engine.
    9. Restart the engine. While the Hill start assist system is deactivated, the Hill start assist OFF indicator light illuminates continuously.

! To activate
    When the procedure to deactivate the Hill start assist system is performed again, the system is activated. When the Hill start assist system is activated, the Hill start assist OFF indicator light turns off.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    the other popular mod is the short shifter & bushings.There are various types of shifters available on the market.You can also get a SPT short shifter installed by the dealer(the SPT shifter comes with the linkages).Another popular brand is kartboy.

It is advisable to change the bushings along with the shifter to improve overall shifting feel.

The entire kit with the kartboy shifter can be found here TiC 08 Impreza Super Shifter Set

It is a pretty straight forward install.

Not included in the video is the install of the linkage bushings.

The instructions for the bushing install can be found on this sticky by EJ257.(Thank you Matt).The install instructions are for earlier models but they are the same for all 08+ as well.Also all bushing install can be found on this same sticky.

Driveline Mounts/Bushings FAQ

This is a diagram of what you will be installing

A: Shift Linkage Bushings
    B: Short Throw Shifter
    C: Pivot Bushings
    D: Front Shifter Stay Bushing
    E: Rear Shifter Stay Bushing

Thank you sjcurtis & BlueAngelWrx for the video.

anybody know what type of short knob hes using in the video??

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by f2kboost View Post
    anybody know what type of short knob hes using in the video??
    He answers the question in the comment section of the video "Kregan Auto parts"

You can get something similar from WRX Shift Knobs - WC Lathe Werks | Truly Unique Shift-Knobs, Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA!
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.