This is a discussion on The Big 2011/2012 Mod thread within the Tutorials & DIY forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by katzuu I saw the suggestions for a front bumper earlier on page 1 i think it was.. ...
This thread is awesome! Oh yeah I was the one doing the work in the clutch install video it cool that it made it into this thread. Me and my buddy have alot of install videos on you tube just look up blueangelwrx.
For those of you who want to do this
Thank you sjcurtis & BlueAngelWrx
Some more enhancements
Bottom line CF side skirts
08-11 Impreza WRX STI CS Bottom Line Side Skirts Carbon | eBay
08-11 Impreza WRX STI Rear Roof Spoiler Wing (Carbon) | eBay
Carbon B pillar covers
08-11 Impreza WRX STI GRB Door B-Pillar Covers (Carbon) | eBay
Awesome thread! Thanks for the link!
GrimmSpeed master cylinder brace install
Last edited by rage-wrx; 09-06-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Dry CF side vents
Strut Tower Brace Install
Last edited by rage-wrx; 11-01-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Walbro fuel pump install
Instructions with pictures
How To: '08+ STI - Fuel pump assembly install with Walbro 255lph pump - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
For those of you who want to disable Hill assist,it can be done in an STI but not in a WRX.The instructions are in the manual.
To activate/deactivate the Hill start assist system (STI only***)
While the Hill start assist system is deactivated, when starting on an uphill grade, braking power is not maintained if the brake pedal is released. Start on an uphill grade by using the parking brake. You can activate/deactivate the Hill start assist system according to the following procedure.
! To deactivate
1. Stop your vehicle in a flat and safe place and apply the parking brake.
2. Turn off the engine.
3. Restart the engine.
4. Confirm the following items.
. The ABS warning light turns off.
. The Vehicle Dynamics Control OFF indicator light turns off.
. The Brake system warning light illuminates.
5. Press the Vehicle Dynamics Control mode switch and hold it until the Vehicle Dynamics Control OFF indicator light turns off. The Vehicle Dynamics Control OFF indicator light will illuminate in green, change to yellow, remain illuminated in yellow for several seconds and then turn off.
6. Within 5 seconds after the Vehicle Dynamics Control OFF indicator light turns off, release the Vehicle Dynamics Control mode switch.
7. Within 2 seconds after releasing the Vehicle Dynamics Control mode switch, press the Vehicle Dynamics Control mode switch once again. Then the Hill start assist OFF indicator light illuminates.
8. Turn off the engine.
9. Restart the engine. While the Hill start assist system is deactivated, the Hill start assist OFF indicator light illuminates continuously.
! To activate
When the procedure to deactivate the Hill start assist system is performed again, the system is activated. When the Hill start assist system is activated, the Hill start assist OFF indicator light turns off.
You can get something similar from WRX Shift Knobs - WC Lathe Werks | Truly Unique Shift-Knobs, Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA!