The Big 2011/2012 Mod thread - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Big 2011/2012 Mod thread within the Tutorials & DIY forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; BTW i like your rear license plate cover...

BTW i like your rear license plate cover

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 08-07-2011 at 12:43 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

lovin it

Tony I was trying to find the thread, but how about the DIY DTRL removal
    ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    Tony I was trying to find the thread, but how about the DIY DTRL removal
    ?
    Quite frankly,I am not a fan of this mod,mainly because your DRL bulb is also your high beam . Disconnecting the DRL would eliminate your high beam all together. This is not advisable as well as dangerous.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Ah didn't realize that we can skip it, just suggestion

I Support ClubWRX
    How to replace springs

Last edited by rage-wrx; 07-26-2011 at 07:33 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Alignment basics.For all questions about alignment please refer to Big Sky WRX's sticky Alignment basics

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Changing Oil.The manual states that oil changes are at 7500 miles & all turbo models are to use Subaru synthetic oil.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    If you are interested in analyzing your oil you can go to Blackstone Labs .They will send you an oil collecting kit free of charge.You must then take a sample & send it to them.And for a cost of $ 25.00 you will receive an oil analysis.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Changing Oil.The manual states that oil changes are at 7500 miles & all turbo models are to use Subaru synthetic oil.
    I must have missed the part where it said I had to use crappy Subaru brand synthetic oil.

Valvoline Synpower FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Quite frankly,I am not a fan of this mod,mainly because your DRL bulb is also your high beam . Disconnecting the DRL would eliminate your high beam all together. This is not advisable as well as dangerous.
    You can disable DRLs and keep your high beams (or split them off and run Halos or something else instead for the DRL while keeping the high beam Halogens; it's what I plan to do at some point with Halos, although some prefer to just disable them and have them come on with the parking lights so you can have no lights/stealth if you want; I'd kind of like a separate switch to just turn them off when I want, but have them on the DRL circuit, personally):

DRLs and High Beams - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
    Last edited by MagnumXL; 07-25-2011 at 07:35 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnumXL View Post
    I must have missed the part where it said I had to use crappy Subaru brand synthetic oil.

Valvoline Synpower FTW!

You can disable DRLs and keep your high beams (or split them off and run Halos or something else instead for the DRL while keeping the high beam Halogens; it's what I plan to do at some point with Halos):

DRLs and High Beams - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
    I just follow the manual.What you put in your car is up to you.Do you have a link to a lab analysis of Subaru Synthetic oil?

And let me get this straight.I can disconnect the DRL bulb,which is also my high beam.And the high beam will still work?Please elaborate.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 07-25-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The manual says synthetic. It doesn't have to be Subaru brand as long as it meets the specs (and I'd have to find a link to the lab analysis, but I've been told it wasn't exactly a top performer, which is why I'm saying you're better off with Valvoline or Mobil 1 or whatever that is high rated).

If you click on that link it will elaborate in that thread and includes a picture of the plug you need to disconnect in order to disable the DRLs but keep your high-beams (little silver box/plug near the right side fender).
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

I Support ClubWRX
    Okay,I guess the only way to find out if the DRL DIY will work is to try it out.I'm done removing my front bumper or I would have experimented.If anybody is going to remove their bumper for any reason & decided to try this out please inform us about the results.

I'm still against doing it due to safety issues.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I saw the suggestions for a front bumper earlier on page 1 i think it was.. So just checking: Is the 2011 WRX and STI front bumper the same? It looks identical to me.. haha.
    2011 WRX DGM Limited Hatch
    Stink-Eye Mob #408

Cobb AP Stage 1, AEM CAI, SPT CBE, Tint, Red Tail Overlays, V1 hardwire, RA Mudflaps, STI STS, HT Auto Front Lip

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.