Cobb AccessPort - base map vs. realtime map
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cobb AccessPort - base map vs. realtime map within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm waiting for delivery of my AP for my '04 WRX I'm a bit confused about the whole flashing thing: ...

Cobb AccessPort - base map vs. realtime map

I'm waiting for delivery of my AP for my '04 WRX I'm a bit confused about the whole flashing thing: can I keep my stock ECU with the stock mapping alone and run the realtime map (say Stage 1) and get the results? Or do I have to reflash the ECU's base map and replace it with Cobb's Stage 1? If I can keep the stock ECU and map, I can remove the AP and no one would be the wiser to know it was there, right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

when you first get the AP you have to reflash it with the ap. then you can load the stock map on if you want and run real time maps later on.

i just flashed the stage 1 with 91 oct, and run real time 93 oct. but there is a noticable diffrence between the two so i think i am going to load the 93 base map on there instead, the ap can get in the way of driving sometimes.
    Josh
    '04 WRX
    PM me about Porting and Polishing!
    www.grimmspeed.com
    www.mnsubaru.com

Originally posted by aspitfire
    the ap can get in the way of driving sometimes.
    im just kinda curious, what do you mean by that? do you by having the plug the ap into the obd port to change the maps?

If you want the CEL removal feature of the AP, you'll have to flash your base map with StageII, as it's the only one (that I'm aware of) that removes cat and EGT CEL's. Then, you can use whatever realtime map you want.

It really doesn't matter though... You can use whatever maps in whatever order you wish!

-Lee

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.