Turbo XS Ecu replacment

This is a discussion on Turbo XS Ecu replacment within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anybody know how good the turbo XS ecu replacment stage 1 is ? The website said it gives a ...

Turbo XS Ecu replacment

Does anybody know how good the turbo XS ecu replacment stage 1 is ? The website said it gives a bone stock WRX at least 35+ WHP. Please let Know if anybody Knows. Thanks
    2004 WRX Black,K&N Air filter,Turbo XS utec,3" Turbo XS turbo back stainless exhaust,Turbo XS uppipe,VF-39 Turbo Perrin BOV, DC racing 550 Injectors ,Walboro fuel pump, NGK iridium spark plugs ,Defi Boost and EGT Gauges,( 280 awhp SAE and 270 awtq SAE ).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its the utec.

read the FAQS and manual on their site.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

yesitisgoodsearch
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    This is the wrong forum to post this in, but the TurboXS item is not an ECU replacement; it is a piggyback chip. It plugs into the ECU and the ECU plugs into it. It is called the UTEC. There is a lot of information on this site about it. I would suggest searching. The UTEC is widely believed to be the best computer upgrade for the WRX on the market. I have one, and I would highly recommend it.

Damn, two responses while I was typing mine. Everyone likes to tell people to search, I guess.

I already read the Info from TurboXS Site, I just want to hear the feedback from anyone who has one, and to find if the computer does give as much power as they say it does.
    2004 WRX Black,K&N Air filter,Turbo XS utec,3" Turbo XS turbo back stainless exhaust,Turbo XS uppipe,VF-39 Turbo Perrin BOV, DC racing 550 Injectors ,Walboro fuel pump, NGK iridium spark plugs ,Defi Boost and EGT Gauges,( 280 awhp SAE and 270 awtq SAE ).

Originally posted by MLB427
    I already read the Info from TurboXS Site, I just want to hear the feedback from anyone who has one, and to find if the computer does give as much power as they say it does.
    I think everyone is suggesting you search on here. The button is in the top right corner between "f.a.q." and "home."

I have never heard of anyone that has been unsatisfied with the UTEC.

Thank You i will

i don't believe the horsepower claim but i will believe that it adds some power, is reliable, and effective if tuned properly. i just don't trust the base maps, at least on my stage 1