CEL fix no good on 04's
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on CEL fix no good on 04's within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well afte trying to find the answer I came up with the problem. the 04 wrx has a different OBD ...

CEL fix no good on 04's

well afte trying to find the answer I came up with the problem. the 04 wrx has a different OBD II rear o2 signal than on the previous wrx's . which means in short, when you remove the rear cat, and attempt to compensate for this, getting rid of ithe P0420 code by using a CEL fix, you get a CEL P0139 (slow sensor speed).
    Through trial and error I found this out. Pony express, and caspers don't have the answer yet and will not for a while, so I can 1 get the pcm re-flashed or 2 live with it for now. since I plan on further mods, I will sit on It for a minnute
    hope this helps!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for posting this info. I have an 04 and plan on modding the exhuast by summer end. Hopefully by then some of the companies will figure it out. Also, you can talk to some of the engine management shops (Cobb, etc). They may have mods to get rid of this soon if you purchase their reflashes (I know they already can get rid of CELs on older rexes).

C

I installed a Prodrive axle back and threw a cel on my 04!!
    -2006 WRX Wagon-

Originally posted by Dream
    I installed a Prodrive axle back and threw a cel on my 04!!

And there is a 99.9% chance that the axle-back didn't cause it!
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

God
    Originally posted by crampers
    Thanks for posting this info. I have an 04 and plan on modding the exhuast by summer end. Hopefully by then some of the companies will figure it out. Also, you can talk to some of the engine management shops (Cobb, etc). They may have mods to get rid of this soon if you purchase their reflashes (I know they already can get rid of CELs on older rexes).

C
    My downpipe has been tested on 04 models. No CEL, no cats, no problems.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

simple fix

Try using a 1Mohm resistor on the O2 sensor wire. You can find this at the ECU or at the sensor itself. Basically it's the same as the Pony Express fix without the capacitor. With the capacitor, will throw a slow-response code.

and with just the resistor it wont get enough voltage and it will still through p0420
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

the resistor has worked for me. No codes. 2.2kOhm resistor was too small though, that resulted in an 0420 code.

will my TurboXS RFL-Ti axleback im about to purchase throw a CEL? How could it?
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

I have a '04 WRX and will be getting the uppie and Down pipe (tommorow). I'm just wondering u said to use the 1Mohm resistor (instead of the 2.2k for hte '03) will work.

its a 1Mohm but wut about ?watt? (ohms law). Have anyone else done this and has it worked for you already?

THanks

hi frisco, sent you a pm. but it's a 1/2 watt IIRC.

but it looks like the 1/2 watt 2.2k ohm is for the '03 wrx and not for the '04. I'm referring to the '04 and ur note earlier about using a 1Mohm (not the 2.2Kohm)

Thanks

Raz
    So anyone come up with a solution yet?

Hi, my fix is for the 04. It works for me. Just to reiterate - 1Mohm resistor, 1/2watt, in line with the sensor wire from the rear O2 sensor. You can tap under the car or at the ecu.

Raz
    Originally posted by pilotdoc
    Hi, my fix is for the 04. It works for me. Just to reiterate - 1Mohm resistor, 1/2watt, in line with the sensor wire from the rear O2 sensor. You can tap under the car or at the ecu.
    What DP are you using, and how long has it been on?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast