CEL fix no good on 04's - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on CEL fix no good on 04's within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by 04EJ20 . How long does it take for the CEL to come on for those of you ...

Originally posted by 04EJ20
    . How long does it take for the CEL to come on for those of you w/ this problem???

Mine was around 60km's to 150km's range....
    2004 Rally Blue WRX Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Mereniuk
    Mine was around 60km's to 150km's range....
    Cool. Thanks. Today I traded in my '04 WRX for a STi. It was the best move I made being that I was gonna drop mad $$$ into the 1st Rex just to try to make it like a STi...
    I just bought a STi!!!

Love it!!!

i installed perrin DP w/ a resistor that came with it, 1000 miles later (2 hrs ago) CEL came on, I was so mad... i happened to be at a light and a GT rolls up next to me revving the engine and all, so i said "we can't have that happen" and like an idiot i gun it and beat him bad , anyway i just bought a MIL Eliminators from Pony Express for $14, i hope it works better than that POS i got with the pipe. ill update when i install it.

Originally posted by REX04
    i installed perrin DP w/ a resistor that came with it, 1000 miles later (2 hrs ago) CEL came on, I was so mad... i happened to be at a light and a GT rolls up next to me revving the engine and all, so i said "we can't have that happen" and like an idiot i gun it and beat him bad , anyway i just bought a MIL Eliminators from Pony Express for $14, i hope it works better than that POS i got with the pipe. ill update when i install it.
    Do the MIL Eliminators work on the '04's? I heard they didn't. I've heard using a 1 ohm resistor instead of a 1/4 will work. That's what I think I heard...
    I just bought a STi!!!

Love it!!!

Do the MIL Eliminators work on the '04's? I heard they didn't. I've heard using a 1 ohm resistor instead of a 1/4 will work. That's what I think I heard...
    thats not funny man, i just went back to the web site and checked:

"JUST RELEASED 11/1/03
    Subaru WRX, STi and 2.5 RS MIL Eliminators (CEL Fix)
    All Subaru 2004+ OBDII Vehicles
    Note: Compatible with 2004+ Models ONLY"
    as per : http://ponyexpressperformance.com/04...iminator.html#

Originally posted by REX04
    thats not funny man, i just went back to the web site and checked:

"JUST RELEASED 11/1/03
    Subaru WRX, STi and 2.5 RS MIL Eliminators (CEL Fix)
    All Subaru 2004+ OBDII Vehicles
    Note: Compatible with 2004+ Models ONLY"
    as per : http://ponyexpressperformance.com/04...iminator.html#
    Alright. I believe you. That's just what I heard though. If it dosen't work, create a post and find out what people are doing to fix it...

I hope for you that it does...
    I just bought a STi!!!

Love it!!!

PEP
    Our original design didn't work on the 2004.s, but with a few small tweaks, our 2004+ design does.

We have two seperate MIL Eliminators on the market now.

1999-2003
    2004+

Keep the rubber side down fellas.

Dan Smith
    PEP
    Dan Smith
    Pony Express Performance

Originally posted by XtmX
    Does anyone know the color of the O2 sensor wire that gets the resistor. I see 3 wires and I assume 1xpower, 1xground, 1xsensor?
    Thanks,
    I'm trying to get rid of a CEL I got yesterday after installing a Bosal DP/Sti Uppipe. But my rear harness has 4 wires? One blue, one yellow, and 2 white ones one with a black stripe and one without. I tried putting the restistor going from blue to white with no luck. Did I read correctly, I have to put the resistor between the blue wire on the harness harness side and the blue wire on the sensor side? If so, how in the hell do you do that? Do I still need to have the harness and sensor connected some how, so the other wires are connected? This is driving me crazy I have to take my car to the dealership soon and don't want any CEL's.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI

I was just thinking, can I just soder a wire to each end of the resistor and use a butt connector or something to splice the wire/resistor on either the blue wire of the sensor or harness?
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:

I think you misread any previous directions, or they were unclear.
    You need to splice a 1 megaohm resistor INTO the blue wire of the O2 sensor. I did mine while the downpipe was out for ease of operation. Haven't thrown a code yet, pushing 1000 miles.
    All info above was used on a 2004 WRX. It may be different for the 2003 and below.
    good luck

mike
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

Originally posted by the mike
    I think you misread any previous directions, or they were unclear.
    You need to splice a 1 megaohm resistor INTO the blue wire of the O2 sensor. I did mine while the downpipe was out for ease of operation. Haven't thrown a code yet, pushing 1000 miles.
    All info above was used on a 2004 WRX. It may be different for the 2003 and below.
    good luck

mike
    Cool, I'll give it a try, I ended up plugging my sensor back in without a resistor, and the CEL went away. I'm sure it will be back, and I'll be ready.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

1000 miles no cel with B&B turbo back, Aps 65mm intake, used 1 megohm resistor 1/4 watt on 2004 STI

I just got my Mil Eliminator for 04+. I hope i get some time tomorow to install it...I'll let you all know how it works out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mil.jpg  
    Injection is nice, But i'd rather be blown ! ! !

Why bother with the Electronic fix, when the mechanical fix will work, is cheaper, and easier to install?

I've been running the mechanical fix for more than 1000+ miles and haven't gotten one CEL since installation.

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...412#post285412

Hey guys, just wanted to tell you that my Mil Eliminator for 04+ worked like a charm, no more stupid cel
    Injection is nice, But i'd rather be blown ! ! !

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast