CEL fix no good on 04's - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on CEL fix no good on 04's within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I tried using the 1 Ohm 1/2 watt risistor trick on the Blue 02 sensor wire, and it didnt work ...

I tried using the 1 Ohm 1/2 watt risistor trick on the Blue 02 sensor wire, and it didnt work on my 2004....damn...
    2004 Rally Blue WRX Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Raz
    Originally posted by Mereniuk
    I tried using the 1 Ohm 1/2 watt risistor trick on the Blue 02 sensor wire, and it didnt work on my 2004....damn...
    It's 1 Megaohm, homie, and it can be 1/4 or 1/2 watt.

Doh...THANKS MAN! hahaah

is teh resistor installed "inlined" with the (blue) O2 wire at the ECU..
    How about if I want to do it at the sensor. How do I do the install? Anyone got any pictures of the resistor installed?

Thanks

Ok so after i installed the resistor should the check engine light just go off? Or do i have to reset the ECU again?

Raz
    Originally posted by Mereniuk
    Ok so after i installed the resistor should the check engine light just go off? Or do i have to reset the ECU again?
    Should go off either way, but resetting the ECU is quicker. It wil take it at least 4 engine heat cycles to turn off by itself.

Originally posted by frisco-wrx-dude
    is teh resistor installed "inlined" with the (blue) O2 wire at the ECU..
    How about if I want to do it at the sensor. How do I do the install? Anyone got any pictures of the resistor installed?

Thanks
    Under the car inline the blue sensor wire.
    example:
    (Harness)---------------------------------SENSOR "white wire"
    (Harness)-------------resistor-------------SENSOR "blue wire"
    (Harness)---------------------------------SENSOR "black wire"

Good Luck
    04 JBP
    Stock - they are watching.

Eduardo,

Both items come with detailed instructions. You will do both at the same time as the downpipe has to come off to do the up-pipe. The 04 WRX will have a CEL for the downpipe if a simulator is not used. See your PERRIN dealer for one. PT# PSP-EXT-500. All of these items are for off-road use only and the CEL solution is only useful if you still have factory electronics. If I can help further please let me know!

PERRIN INFO
    I e-mail Perrin and this is what they sent me. What is PT# PSP-EXT-500 for, or what is it?
    Hecho En Mexico

I order that part number, it was pricey but if I don't want a CEL I paid the price. It's a simulator that clip on the sensor harness and tricks the computer that it still has a cat, but it does not. I order it from worldoneperformance.com those guys are great.

Out---

*Damn, I hope I explained my self good, oh well. *

Oh, plus there is no cutting or nothing, just clips on.
    Hecho En Mexico

Originally posted by Chopaholix
    I order that part number, it was pricey but if I don't want a CEL I paid the price. It's a simulator that clip on the sensor harness and tricks the computer that it still has a cat, but it does not. I order it from worldoneperformance.com those guys are great.

Out---

*Damn, I hope I explained my self good, oh well. *

Oh, plus there is no cutting or nothing, just clips on.

How much did you pay for it, I looked on there and couldn't find them. I did find some other thing I'm looking to get like the Perrin sway bars and endlinks cheaper than other places I have looked.

Also, is this just for the 02 sensor on the downpipe? Or will it work on the E.G.T. sensor on the uppipe as well? I just don't wanna ride around with any cel's, that light really pi$$es me off, real bad , especially at night. They are really, really bright

I've had JUST a 1Mohm resistor wired in to my O2 sensor for over a week without any check engine light. Perrin catless downpipe with Blitz Nur Spec. I guess time will tell.
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

Call worldoneperformance.com and ask them for PT# PSP-EXT-500 and tell them is from Perrin and they should know what your talking about. This will remove you cel from the downpipe for good. I should have my this week, can't wait. But I did pay the price, I think it was 60 or 70 dollars. I know, I know, TOO much, but hey I won't have the cel to deal with.
    Hecho En Mexico

Lightbulb Easy CEL fix on the 04 wrx's

Just get the Prodrive Stage 3, then you won't throw any CEL's. The Prodrive Reflash is what i think fixes the problem. So maybe you could just send your ECM to Prodrive, and just let them Reflash it for you.

Anyone try the mechanical fix?

This mod is inexpensive and easy to try out on your '04. Cheapest CEL fix?

We need feedback on if this works on your '04.

I just did a 1Mohm 1/4watt resistor in the blue wire and i didnt reset the ECU yet, cause i wanted to see if it would go off by its self and it hasent yet, and its been about 200km's so far....WTF!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast